Chapter 23

The woman appears outside a well build house on the outskirts of yiling. She walked in anger evident on her face. She stop infront of a shelve and took something off. She looked at it and smile. I have waited for to long Wanji and I will not wait any longer. You were once promise to me. You were supposed to be my mate and that you will be but before that I have to get rid of that menace and that pup. I have been patient for to long it was just my luck that I have seen you today. You are just as beautiful as all those years ago my love. I have fallen in love with you since I had laid my eyes on you. I have never believed in fate or fated mates but seeing you today I realise we were always meant to be. We were destine to meet again. She looks down at the bowl filled with herbs and inside was a purple flower a flower she had obtain with the main purpose to poison that boy. She needs to be very careful about how she will do this,she can not be caught before she has got what rightfully is hers. A wicked smile appears on her lips. Chenqing I had once cause your death but it seems you just can not stay dead but this time I will make sure that you do. I just did not count on it that they would kill wanji also. She put the bowl back on the shelve and turns around. She took out a jug with wine and pour herself a cup and down it in one go. Smiling she thought to herself. I will pay you a visit soon.

When Lan Zhan, Xichen and A-Ying reached the Cloud Recess they were still reeling with anger. Wanji and Chenqing was scratching at their walls wanting to be let out so that they could hunt down that witch and kill her. Xichen went to inform his uncle of what had happened while Lan Zhan took A-Ying back to the healers. It is not safe for A-Ying to shift into his wolf from right now so they just want to make sure that he and the pups are fine. The anger slowly makes way for worry and anxiety. A-Ying's had both his hands on his bulging belly while Lan Zhan had his one hand behind his mates lower back making sure that he does not trip or fall over. Silence surrounds them as they walk making their way to the healers pavilion. As soon as they arrive they step inside. When healer Lan Yi looks up from her station where she was busy mixing herbs, she was surprised to see them because they were not due for another checkup in two weeks but when she saw the looks on their faces worry immediately so she made her way over to them and asked." Is there something I can do for the two of you? Did something happened?. She asked while steering A-Ying towards the divider so he could take of his ropes. When she came back she looks at Lan Zhan and he answer."We just want to make sure that A-Ying and the pups are fine. A-Ying shifted and we know you said that it is not safe. We are just worried". She nods her head and as soon as A-Ying step around the divider she carefully ushered him towards the nearest cot and make him lay down.

She started her examination carefully. She took his arm and let a small string of spiritual energy out. Carefully and meticulously she go about and let the energy nip and tuck. When done she moved to his belly and did the same concentrating a small crease between her brows. She asked them. " Did anything else happen because your pups are in distress". Both of them asked at the same time." Will they be fine?". She kept on with what she was doing while answering them." They will be fine. You need not worry. Nothing a little bed rest won't cure. You still have not answer my question?". She said while finishing her examination. A-Ying looks at the both of them and said." I don't know what happened. When she moved to touch my belly it was not me who pushed her back. I also did not initiate the shift Lan Zhan I would never do that knowing that I can hurt our babies. You have to believe me". He said as tears runs down his face. Lan Zhan quickly moves to his side as Lan Yi move to the side. Lan Zhan took his distraught mate in his arms and letting out his pheromones to calm his mate down while rubbing soothing circles on his back.
"I believe you and I do not blame you. I know you would never harm our babies. Shush calm down. I believe you A-Ying ". He said with a soft voice just then Xichen and Lan Qiren enters the room. Lan Qiren moved forward worry are shown clearly on his face. " A-Ying are you and the pups fine? Xichen informed me off what had happened". Lan Qiren said to him. When A-Ying finally calmed down he nods his head indicating that he was fine. Lan Zhan place a soft kiss on the top of his head but did not let go off him.
Healer Lan Yi watch the family of four silently her eyes moves to A-Ying's belly a furrow between her brows thinking to herself.' Could it be that the pups send out the spiritual energy?Could it be that they attacked the woman sensing the danger? What were her intentions that the two pups deem it fit to protect their mother even while still in the womb?. Now she understands why they are in distress. They absorb some of their mothers spiritual energy to launch the attack. Why did the shift not effect them?. Could it be because A-Ying are a true male omega?. Does this mean that even though he is pregnant he can still shift without endangering his life and that of his pups?. She was so deep I thought that she did not here Lan Qiren talking to her. It is only when she felt a hand on her shoulder that she jumped and yelp from shock. The four looks at her and she came to herself and waves her hand indicating that she is fine. She looks at Lan Qiren and asked." Did you asked me something "?. " Yes. I asked if A-Ying and the pups are fine and if the shift did not do anything to them. She shakes her head and answered as she looks at a wide eyed A-Ying and said." My examination found nothing wrong. The pups are just in a little bit of distress but otherwise the both of them are fine but I would like to discuss something with the four of you in private. It is just something I just thought of and it is not conclusive but it is something that we should consider and be aware off". She looks at them and saw the worried looks on their faces and she immediately ensures them." It is nothing to be worried about. Like I said A-Ying and the pups are fine but I would like to get a second opinion from another healer before i make my final conclusion". The four nods their heads and then  A-Ying said.
"What about Wen Qing she is also a healer and i trust her just as trust healer Lan Yi. I would also feel much beter if it is her and not some stranger". He looks at his family.
" If A-Ying wishes that then we will send her a butterfly message". Lan Zhan said and A-Ying nods his head in confirmation. After the decision has been made Lan Yi told A-Ying that he could go and put his robes on. Lan Zhan stood up and helped his mate. They both went behind the divider and Lan Zhan helped him to get dress once again when they were done they moved put from the divider and join the others.