Chapter 17

A-Ying woke up the next morning not feeling well at all. He feels a bit light headed and the nausea is back with a vengeance. He quickly got out of bed but had to sit down quickly  because of the dizziness just then Lan Zhan walked into the room and put his hand behind his lower back while holding his arm. " A-Ying are you fine". He asked concerned. But before A-Ying could answered he threw up. Lan Zhan quickly walked with him towards the bathroom and made him sit with his head over a pot. A-Ying empty his stomach until only gagging sounds came out. Lan Zhan holding his hair back so not to get it dirty. He let him lay his head against the wall as he poured him a cup of water to rinse his mouth. " How do you feel now? Is there anything I can get you? Can I get you ginger tea?". Lan Zhan asked him with a small crease between his brows while releasing some of his soothing pheromones and running his hand slowly up and down A-Ying's back with concern in his voice. " I'm fine Lan Zhan. Thank you. A cup of ginger tea would be nice and some fruit slices please". He answer his mate. Who picked him up and carry him back to bed. He busied himself when he was sure that his mate was comfortable. He first clean up where A-Ying had throw up before getting busy to make him some ginger tea and slicing the fruit that he had fetch from the kitchen earlier on. Once done he went and fetch his lover and brought him over to the table careful not to hurt him. A-Ying once seated gave him a greatful smile and started to eat and drink his tea. When he was done he looked at his mate and said.
" Lan Zhan you don't have to treat me as if I'm going to break. You know I'm just pregnant and we can go to the healer to find out what we can do and what not. And how to help us making this pregnancy easier. What do you say". Lan Zhan's ears turn slightly pink and he nods his head but he also adds. " I just want you to be comfortable both of you". And he put his hand on A-Ying's tummy caressing it lovingly with a small smile on his lips. He lovingly kisses his husband on his lips and pulled him onto his lap deepening the kiss. Their hands roaming over each other's bodies. Stopping short of going any further. Breathless lips pink and swollen they put their foreheads against each other. Slowly starting to even out their breaths. Lan Zhan stood up in one swift motion and took A-Ying back to the bedroom and started to dress him. He comb his hair and styled it simply just with the red ribbon A-Ying once saw when they went to Caiyi Town. Two bangs falls down the side of his the rest of his were put up into a half ponytail.

When he was done they made their way towards the door and Lan Zhan picked up the empty tray planning to dropped it off at the kitchens as they were on the way to the healers. Once outside they notice that Rushie were waiting for them. When she saw them she bowed and greeted them. " Good morning young masters. I hope you had a peaceful night rest". She said. The two bowed back and said. " Yes we did thank you. Just the morning sickness giving me a hard time but I will survive". A-Ying answers. " Don't worry it pass in time". She said smiling at them. They started walking towards the healers pavilion in silence. Lan Zhan quickly took the tray to the kitchen before joining them in the infirmary. Rushi stood to the side silently observing the healer. The healer told A-Ying to take of his robes behind the screen divider once done he was just left in his inner robes. He made his way over and lay on the bed. The healer examine him and once done she told them that all is well. She told him that he can go put on his robes. She wrote something down on a piece of parchment and when A-Ying came back and sat next to A-Zhan she turned to them and asked them if they have any questions. " How long before the morning sickness stop". A-Ying asked.
" It various from person. For example young master could experience it for the first three months or sometimes it last until your ninth month. So there is no definite time frame". She answered sympathetically when she saw A-Ying's pout on his face. " Ginger tea helps alot and it also helped to eat thin slices of raw ginger. Master also must refrain from overly spicy food and drinking wine. Master must refrain from stressing to much. The first three to six months are a very delicate part of any pregnancy. You have to eat alot of vegetables and fruits. I will also advice to drink a warm cup of milk with some honey and ginger before going to bed at night". She said with a smile. A-Ying was not impress and he turn to his mate and said. " Lan Zhan how am I supposed to survive. Tell me. You did this so you have to take responsibility for all of it. You and Wanji he ain't getting if scot-free from all of this". He said while waving his hands comically around. Lan Zhan looks at him with a prideful and a tang of sadness in his eyes and said. " We will take responsibility for A-Ying and Chenqing safety and health and also for our pup. I promise". He said very seriously to his mate. Those around smile at the two and could not help but feel the love and adoration between the two fated mates.