002

I thank the waitress as she sits the cup of coffee down in front of me. As always, he's running late. With my marriage on eggshells I needed advice from someone who could relate and possibly have valuable insight.

However it's been twenty-five minutes and he's nowhere to be found.

Finally he rushes in apologizing over and over about how he got caught up with work. The waitress takes his order once she notices I'm no longer a loner.

Xiaojun: How are you?
Me: I've been better. How are you?
Xiaojun: Living the dream.

Xiaojun and I's past is interesting.

Things happened, things were said, things were done... but no matter what he'll always be a beloved friend of mine. Truly my flower.

Xiaojun: So what's this about trouble in paradise?
Me: It's been two weeks of constant fighting and bickering. Not just me versus them but amongst themselves as well. Usually things go back in order after a few days but not this time.

His eyebrows furrow together.

Xiaojun: Is there a specific thing you're arguing about?
Me: No. I'll be in the kitchen reading but once Jooheon walks in I feel like snapping. One time I came out to water the plants on the patio but Shownu and I got into it.

His eyes widen.

Xiaojun: Damn even you and daddy bear?
Me: It's a mess Xiao. I brought up marriage counseling and they shot the idea down.
Xiaojun: Why?
Me: They said they don't want anyone in their business.

He hums.

Xiaojun: I'd be lying if I said it wasn't intimate because it is. You have to lay out your vulnerability, admit your wrongs, share your insecurities, and start from the beginning.

We've been together for years but I've never felt this defeated. Much worse has tried to pull us apart but we always ended up getting through it. This time I genuinely feel alone and each one of them is far out of my grasp.

Xiaojun: Little lamb don't cry.

I touch my face and gasp.

Xiaojun: The fact you can still cry is proof you still love them. I couldn't shed a tear over Arie at all. That's why we're divorce, I believe in you guys.

___

Shownu's point of view

I smile waving to the fans as we leave the meet and greet. Once we're alone backstage the atmosphere becomes ice cold again, the silence is loud.

How did we end up like this?

The staff can tell something isn't right but they wouldn't
dear say anything, our manager walks in.

Manager: Someone is here to see you.

He walks out the room and the staff follow closely behind.

Me: Xiaojun?
Changkyun: Oh great.
Xiaojun: Yeah oh great.

Over the years we've come to tolerate him. We can say what we want about him but he always does the right thing when it comes to her.

Xiaojun: I have a problem.

He leans against the doorframe eyeing each one of us.

Hyungwon: And what might that be?

His demeanor is how it was when we met him years ago, how it was when he was still running the mafia.

Xiaojun: I don't know what you did to Santana but you need to fix it, now.
Kihyun: I don't think what goes on in our marriage is any of your business.

He walks further into the room.

Xiaojun: When she sits in front of me bawling her eyes out, it is.

My eyes widen.

Xiaojun: She sat there asking me for advice on what to do. She cried, she blamed herself a little bit and I comforted her. I gave up years ago because she was happy with you all, seeing her happy was all I needed.

He scoffs.

Xiaojun: But she's no longer happy.
Jooheon: It still isn't your business.
Xiaojun: She is my business!

Minhyuk holds Jooheon back by his arm.

Xiaojun: Take this how you want but if she calls me again crying, I'll make sure you never make her cry again.
Wonho: Is that a threat?
Xiaojun: A promise.

He walks out of the room.

Changkyun: He really pisses me off.

Me too.

More so because, he's right.

____

FAVORITE SONG ON LIGHTS 🎤??

mine is voice, don't worry be happy & hype energy.