0016

Judging from the deafening silence Lila was truthful with her story. Minhyuk clears his throat, his eyes shifting nervously around the room.

Minhyuk: What did she tell you?
Me: I can't disclose that, patient doctor confidentiality. But what I can say is her story details added up with the exact same way that I found you. Care to explain why you never mentioned it?

They all look at Shownu, he looks at them confused. He should know by now he's their get out of jail free card when they want to be careful with their words towards me.

I glance at Wonho hating the fact I can't mention the baby.

Shownu: Lila was here a year like you but it was different.
Me: How so?

He runs a hand through his hair.

Shownu: When she got here we were in a very busy place with our career. It didn't leave much time to get to know her so the situation was strictly sexual or her cleaning. There was a moment we'd tried to know her more but it was something off, we never clicked.

Kihyun nods.

Kihyun: She wasn't a bad person, she was never compatible with us. We knew once the year was up with her contract we wouldn't care but with you...
Jooheon: We knew from your third month here saying goodbye to you wasn't an option Santana.

Hyungwon carefully moves next to me.

Hyungwon: We never mentioned her before because we didn't think it would be that important.

He sees my face and backtracks.

Hyungwon: We should have though!
Changkyun: We're sorry and didn't want you to find out like this.
Me: Me either. Things like this I rather hear from you guys not someone else.

They nod.

Me: Was it anyone else?
Shownu: No! Just Lila and a while later you. Leroy had a lot of convincing for us to do that idea again. We lucked out this time.

He smiles gently.

Wonho: We really are sorry. It's not like we were trying to hide it from you, it just slipped our minds I guess? Are you mad?

What a great question.

Am I?

Surprisingly...

Me: No.

All their eyes widen.

Me: I'm trying to do this thing where I don't dwell on the past. Am I disappointed you guys didn't tell me? Yes. But there's no point in being mad over it.

Hyungwon kisses my temple.

___

I sit on the couch drinking my peppermint tea when a chorus of screams come from upstairs.

"SANTANA!"

Okay so maybe I was a tiny bit mad.

Wonho runs down the stairs looking like the hulk while Shownu follows behind looking like a carpenter bee.

Wonho: What did you do to our body wash?
Me: Nothing.
Shownu: My skin is yellow!
Me: Looks good on you.

A soaking wet Jooheon walks in pissed.

Jooheon: Who messed with my garden hose!

His eyes widen once he sees the other two boys.

Jooheon: What the hell happened to you?
Wonho: Ask her!

I turn a page in my book, ignoring Minhyuk screams coming from the basement.

Shownu: Santana what did you do?
Me: Nothing.

"HELP ME! ITS A FUCKING SNAKE!"

I may have borrowed Cheri's pet snake, why Wooyoung bought them a snake that big I'll never know but it helps with scaring my husband.

Jooheon: Baby I don't do good with torture! Just hit me or something!
Me: I'm not going to hit you!

Changkyun barges into the house looking very unamused.

Changkyun: I went to my studio and there was nothing in it.
Shownu: Huh?
Changkyun: Every piece of equipment gone.

They look at me.

Me: That's crazy.

And also the power of bribing Taehyun and RJ.

Changkyun: I rather you just yell at us!

Kihyun walks in pausing to look at Shownu and Wonho.

Kihyun: What happened?
Wonho: Santana lied about not being mad and now she's torturing us. Body dye, stealing studio equipment, sabotaging garden tools, and Minhyuk is downstairs with a snake.

He gasps.

Kihyun: Santana!
Me: Fine, fine I was a little annoyed you guys didn't tell me.
Jooheon: I knew it!
Me: Well if you knew then why are you shocked?
Changkyun: Don't flip this on us! Wait, why isn't anything wrong with Kihyun?

I grin.

Me: Well he was a virgin so.

They all groan.

Me: Okay I'm sorry. I promise I'm done torturing you.
Jooheon: Where's Hyungwon-Hyung?
Me: Tied up in the garage. Nothing is in there with him he's just tied up in a chair.
Shownu: How'd you manage that?
Me: He's a heavy sleeper.

"CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!?"

Me: You might wanna' grab Minhyukie before that snake eats him.
Wonho: How big is it?
Me: Big enough.
Shownu: And you put it down there?

I shake my head.

Me: San and Wooyoung did. They didn't question when I asked them too.
Changkyun: Of course not! They're just as insane as you.

The doorbell goes off and I go answer it because I'm the only one who doesn't look a mess besides Kihyun.

I open the door and Lila stands there.

Oh great, I'm going to need another snake.

____

goodmorning!

have a good tuesday besties 🫶🏾