0013

During my lunch I sit in the cafeteria scrolling through different shops deciding on a birthday gift for Jooheon, but what do you get someone who has everything? A chicken salad is slid in front of me and I look up to see Ten smiling at me.

Ten: I figured online shopping worked up an appetite.

I thank him sitting aside my phone to actually eat, I've been so distracted with planning this party lately I've been neglecting proper eating and hydrating.

Ten: So yacht party huh?
Me: San told you?

He shakes his head chewing his gyro.

Ten: YangYang might've mentioned it because San told him.
Me: And after the guys and I plan on surprising him with tickets to an actual cruise.
Ten: Vacation at sea? Sounds amazing.
Me: You wanna' come? I'm sure Raven has been itching to have a trip somewhere.

He blushes at the mention of his girlfriend.

Ten: She has, watching her these past few months have been funny. She's like a fly trapped inside a window but can't find out how to exit through the hole it entered from.

I laugh, you can't keep a free spirit locked up too long.

Ten: I'll talk to her about it.

"What's up losers?"

YangYang plops down next to Ten, and Cina slides in next to me. A very large coffee in her hand, with a spinach and turkey croissant in the other.

Cina: Is it two in the morning yet?
Me: Two in the.. what kind of weird ass shift are you doing?
Cina: My normal twelve hours then I'm going to take a hour nap in the on-call room, because we're understaffed today.

She sighs rubbing her temples. She could use a vacation too.

Cina: Sannie you sure you don't wanna' go back to school and become a doctor too so you can do both?
Me: Mental and physical? Hell nah.
Cina: Seonghwa said he's going to put something together so the hospital can offer a nine month training course on becoming a medical assistant.
Me: How noble of him.

She grins.

Cina: I love my husband.
YangYang: Today he's your husband but yesterday you called him your baby's daddy.
Cina: He pissed me off yesterday. Now today Yeosang is the baby's daddy.
Ten: What did Yeosang do?
Cina: My favorite pair of scrub pants got a little tight so I blamed it on the dryer shrinking them and he said no.

I snicker.

Me: That's so Yeo.
Cina: I'm happy you find it amusing when his stuff is on your porch keep that same energy!
Me: My guest room is open to him any time he knows that.
Ten: How many time has he been there?

Hmm, I count for a minute.

Me: Yeosang about seven times, Seonghwa about nine.
Ten: Cina!
Cina: What! Santana does the same thing!

True.

Cina: Changkyun has slept in my guest room about eight times, Minhyuk six, Jooheon five, Hyungwon ten, Wonho twice, Shownu never, and Kihyun once!
YangYang: You guys are cold blooded!

I get a text from Lee talking about the party's guest list. He wants to know if he should ask anyone else at the company to come. Xiao's yacht is big but that doesn't mean I want every space filled to capacity.

Some people can see us when we come back to land, kids included.

This party is for the grown folks.

___

"Grown folks! I am grown."

I stare at Yeonjun while he shouts with his dinosaur pajamas on.

Me: Yeah you're a trip away from the nursing home alright.

Wonnie chuckles as he chops up the carrots.

Yeonjun: I want to celebrate dad's birthday party too.
Me: And you will, the day before at dinner.
Yeonjun: This isn't fair ya' know.
Me: Your brothers aren't complaining.
Yeonjun: Because they're lame!

Kai shoves his shoulder.

Me: Last time you came to one of our grown up parties Shownu and Wonho had to carry you out. You had one too many drinks, threw up, and tried to convince Cina to marry you. Do you know how hard it was to stop her husbands from strangling you?

He cringes.

Yeonjun: Point taken.
Kai: Maybe you can try again next year.
Me: Or just wait to come on the cruise in November.
Kai: We can't, we'll be prepping for tour.

I frown. I really did want them to be there but that totally slipped my mind.

Me: Fine, since you can't come on the cruise you can come on the yacht.

They both squeal to the top of their lungs. Seems like Kai did want to come after all. I look over at Wonnie.

Me: I'm sure we could sneak you onboard.

He shakes his head.

Wonnie: Nah, summer trips with you all is enough.

My mouth drops.

Me: Are you trying to say you don't like being around us cool adults?
Wonnie: Mom please don't make me break it down on how half of you aren't cool but unhinged.
Me: Crazy is the new cool!

He hums.

___

The doorbell goes off as we set the table for dinner. We all look at Minhyuk and he sighs before going to open it.

"WHERE'S DANIEL!?"

Wonnie raises an eyebrow as I try to hide my smile. The entire gang runs into the kitchen, Wooyoung is the first to point at him. Hyungwon and I slide out the way.

San: Let's get him!

Xiaojun and Yuta grabs him out the chair. As the rest help carry him out. Cina and Saelee raise their plastic pitchforks -from three halloweens ago-.

Changkyun: Did they just kidnap our son?
Me: Yup,
Kihyun: We're just going to let them?
Me: Yup.

They blink.

Me: The family really hates being called uncool.

____

spending my sunday watching (rewatching) pretty little liars, how are you guys??