0023

Santana's point of view

The indoor garden present for Jooheon is going just as I expected, a disaster. But even the most beautiful flowers grow from dirt so that's what this is for me. A flower that hasn't bloomed yet.

"AH FUCK!"

I look over towards RJ who has dropped yet another pot, which earns yet another lecture from Yeosang who hand made all these pots. I'm impressed with every intricate detail he put into them. Pottery is his truly his second love.

Me: Has anyone seen the mini cacti?
Minhyuk: Got them right here!
Me: Perfect!

Shownu is with Jooheon keeping him distracted while we do this, there's so much to do and practically no time between this and the yacht party. However I have three amazing sons that's handling the last preparations for that.

Changkyun: Where should the roses go?
Me: Nect to the tulips? No. Daisies? No. Maybe-
Changkyun: Nevermind.

I scoff as he walks away, Kihyun chuckles pressing a soft kiss against my temple.

Kihyun: It's coming together nicely Santana. Don't fret too much.
Me: Every year you guys get into a huge fight before my birthday.
Kihyun: It's more like us against Joohoney.
Me: Exactly, because he fights tooth and nail to make sure everything is perfect for me. I want to repay him that.
Kihyun: He's going to love it, he might even cry.

Char carries in a case filled with herbs.

Char: Please take this, my nose is very itchy.

Kihyun grabs it and takes it over to its designated area.

Me: Thank you so much for helping.
Char: It's no problem, you know I love you guys. This is such a wonderful thing you're doing. He's going to love it.
Me: I hope so.

My phone dings and it's Wonnie telling me the party was all set, that's one thing I can finally put behind me. The next message is from Lila, the paragraph is so long I can't even be bothered to read it until I see the words "I wrote a book speaking my truth, ALL of it."

__

I ring the bell over and over again to be buzzed into the apartment building, Cina bangs on the door while Char peeks through a few parked cars. She better get the fuck out here now before I rip the door off the hinges.

Cina: Why is it every time we're nice we get backstabbed!
Me: Because being nice is overrated.
Char: It is.

We pause to look at her.

Cina: You're like the nicest person ever Char.
Char: I know and it's exhausting sometimes.

The door finally opens and we fly in running up the stairs to her apartment number. There's a million thoughts flying through my head but the main one: why? It's been years, I understand needing closure with Wonho but exposing it all in a book?

Me: Lila open this door!
Char: We just want to talk!
Cina: Or fight, whatever you wanna' do!

Char hushes Cina.

The door cracks open, she has the latch still on so we can't get in.

Me: A book Lila?
Lila: It's my story to tell.
Me: It's their story too and they don't want the world to know.
Lila: I've suffered in silence for years!

I bite my tongue because although I'm pissed she's not wrong.

Me: What will this book do? What good will it do!
Lila: It will ease my mind. I'm not slandering the guys I'm just telling what happened.
Char: But don't you think that'll backfire? Or people will think you're fibbing?

Cina sighs.

Cina: Look, how much money do you want?
Lila: What? You're offering me hush money?
Cina: Not hush money, go away money.

Lila scoffs.

Lila: Writing this book is part of my healing journey.
Cina: And with no evidence it's nothing but a lie meaning their company can sue you for defamation.
Lila: Santana is the evidence!
Me: You're being impulsive Lila.
Lila: You're gaslighting me.

For the love of God.

Me: You're confused, frustrated, not healed, and maybe even depressed I get that. But we're telling you writing this book will only make it worse. Going to therapy and going through the motions may help more.
Lila: Oh you'd just love that! Hearing me spill my guts about missing your husbands.

She misses them?

Me: You don't have to see me, YangYang is an excellent therapist too.
Lila: No thanks.

With that she slams the door completely.

Char: Now what?
Me: I have no idea.

_____

I MISSES YOU ALL soooo MUCH I COULD CRY ;*