0025

Wonnie's point of view

I look at the frightened woman and then back at my brothers.

Me: Have you two lost your damn minds?
Kai: We overheard mom talking about how this lady is trying to publish a book about her life with our dads.

I am highly confused.

Me: Her life with our dads, excuse me uh...
Lady: L-lila.

I nod.

Me: Lila, did you use to date our dads?
Lila: I was hired to um, to keep them company.

Gross.

Me: Alright. So you plan on writing a book about that?
Lila: About that amongst other things, yes.
Kai: Why? Why would when you know how it could destroy them?
Lila: So I should keep quiet about my life because it may hurt their careers?
Yeonjun: We don't care if you talk about your life, just keep them out of it.
Kai: Or is it you know no one will read without them in it.

Jesus Christ.

Me: Did our dads hurt you or?
Lila: No, the opposite. They were kind, didn't ask for anything. Forgot I was there a lot of the time honestly.
Me: So why the book?
Lila: You ever think you've let something go but it still hunts you?

Yeonjun scoffs.

Yeonjun: Most people go to therapy lady.
Lila: I am in therapy! But Santana is my therapist so-
Me: Wait, our mom is your therapist?
Lila: Yes. I sought her out because I knew she would be able to relate.
Me: Relate how?
Lila: She was hired just like me.

I blink.

Lila: She never told you? Too ashamed, figures she would be.

Not liking her tone I snap back into reality.

Me: I don't really care about any of the technicalities. They're happily married and have us three for kids. So I hate to break it to you but no she can't relate to you.

She continues to stare into my eyes. At first I pitied her but now I sense some craze feelings at work in her spirit.

Lila: You look like Hyungwon, is that your biological dad?

I nod briefly.

Lila: What about you two?
Kai: They adopted us when we were younger.
Lila: Doesn't make a difference, still batshit crazy like your mother. She came here not too long ago with her friends banging on my door.

She walks over to her counter pouring a glass of whiskey.

Lila: Don't be mistaken, I don't want to hurt your dads or mom. I was actually wishing when I met her she'd be an asshole but nope. Good at her job and protecting her family.

A sigh leaves her lips.

Lila: I just want to share the story, I want to release this burden from years past.

I look over at my brothers who look at me.

Me: What if you did write the book but not from your point of view?

She pauses pouring another drink to look at me.

____

Santana's point of view

Yeosang is not a fan of oysters. Cina rubs his back as he girls overboard, Xiaojun preaches about how none of the vomit better get on the side of his yacht.

RJ: It's been years but I still can't get use to how insane your friends are.

I look over to see San and Wooyoung chugging bottles of bourbon with their shirts off, in crisp October weather mind you.

Me: Me either.

Lee drunkingly steals RJ away much to his dismay. One of the workers offers me a croissant which I quickly take to soak up some of this tequila in my system. I need to be in tip top shape for when I show Jooheon around his indoor garden.

I pull out my phone taking a few pictures, especially of San and Wooyoung because no doubt they'll wake up drunk and confused wondering why they have the flu.

"Wife!"

Me: Birthday boy, enjoying your party?
Jooheon: So much thank you again, everyone was telling me how you were going crazy making sure everything was perfect.
Me: You deserve nothing less than.
Jooheon: I love you so much.
Me: I love you more.

He pulls me in for a kiss that's short lived when we hear Changkyun's voice.

"Quit kissing my wife and come look at your cake!"

We pull away laughing at the annoying boy.

____