003

The first thing I see when I wake up is Monster holding a leash in his mouth. I squint at the clock noticing it's seven in the morning, on a Saturday no less. We're all off today so it wouldn't be a bad thing to get my day started and out of here.

After taking a shower and pulling myself together I run downstairs to grab a granola bar and water. Monster sits at the door wagging his tail patiently. Shownu walks into the kitchen dressed as well. Judging from his attire he's going for a jog.

I say nothing as I walk pass him linking Monster's collar and leash together.

Shownu: Can I come with?
Me: Sure.

The air is cool and crisp, autumn is on the way. We walk side by side as Monster sniffs every tree in sight. He and Char's dog have been having a pissing contest lately. Twilight is kinda' old though so he's slowed down.

Shownu: I've been thinking about what you said.

I stay quiet waiting for him to elaborate. I've said a lot these past two weeks.

Shownu: Counseling isn't a bad idea. Since we can't seem to start the conversation by ourselves maybe help is necessary.
Me: Do the rest of your friends agree?

He sighs.

Shownu: Your husbands.
Me: Mhm.

He stops walking and pulls my arm so we're standing face to face.

Shownu: I'm Son Hyunwoo but people call me Shownu. I'm a singer and the leader of a kpop group named Monsta-x.

I raise an eyebrow.

Shownu: Let's go back to the start Santana, that day I said I love you for the first time.

_____

FLASHBACK

Santana's point of view

It's two in the morning and sleep has not come easy. Part of me just wants to give up and pull an all-nighter, I decide to make some warm tea to see if that helps relaxes me.

My soul leaves my body as I hear a loud crash come from the basement. Shit, shit, shit! Intruder maybe?

The closest weapon to me is a frying pan.

As I creep down the stairs all I hear is groaning. I gasp once I see Shownu on the floor. He's laying on the ground in the fetal position holding his leg.

Me: Are you okay? What happened?
Shownu: Leg cramp.

Judging from the weight thrown in the corner he was working out. I try to flip him on his back so I can massage from his thigh downward, when my dad would play kickball with me outside this would happen to him a lot. My mom would scold him about being dehydrated and trying to work out a restricted muscle.

She'd do this massage to ease the pain.

I push down from the top of his thigh all the way to the calf. My knuckle digs into his calf here and there to relieve tension.

Me: Is it helping?

He nods with his eyes closed.

I continue for another ten minutes until he places his hand on mine.

Shownu: Thank you.
Me: No problem, why're you working out at two in the morning anyways?
Shownu: I couldn't sleep.
Me: Me either.

He glances towards the discarded frying pan.

Shownu: That was your weapon?
Me: I would've put it to good use.

We both laugh, he pulls me closer to him and my heart skips a beat. He has this aura around him that makes you feel safe and warm. Whenever I'm around him I feel like nothing can bother me.

Shownu: I've been thinking about a lot.
Me: Like?
Shownu: You.

My eyes widen.

Me: Me?
Shownu: When you were away at college things were rough. We didn't know what would be your final decision and didn't know if this polygamy thing would work out. A lot was at stake.

I lean my head on his shoulder.

Shownu: I wasn't concerned about anything regarding our career or how we'd be perceive. I was just happy I finally found my person, my soulmate.

Hm?

Shownu: I love you Santana.

______

I look down at my hand to see him fiddling with my wedding ring. My fingers intertwine with his as I brush his wedding ring.

Me: For better or worse.

He pulls me into a hug and I'd be absolutely lying if I said I didn't miss this. My eyes actually begin to water and he squeezes me tighter.

Shownu: I'm sorry.
Me: I'm sorry too.

_____

i adore how jooheon has snatched up everybody to do the freedom challenge on tiktok 😭 he's so cute.