43 - Skin

"I think anything is possible if you have the mindset and the will and desire to do it and put the time in."

- Roger Clemens

______________________

[earlier update, yey. enjoy! and don't forget to comment and vote :)]

The words lingered in the air, making my skin crawl with anticipation.

There was a look of determination in Elaine's eyes, and, without a doubt, I knew that she was telling the truth.

I trusted her. I trusted her with every little fiber in my body. And seeing her look at me with pure honesty and love in her eyes told me that Elaine trusted me, too. It was mutual.

Taking matters into her own hands, Elaine completely pushed her upper body off the mattress and placed her hands on my shoulders, pushing me down on the mattress next to her.

I watched her completely in awe as she shifted around, straddling me. My eyes lingered on her beautiful body, and I smiled proudly as I realised that she made no attempt to cover herself up.

Sitting up, I put my weight on my hands, trying to be completely still as I let Elaine take control. The last thing I wanted to do was push her into doing something she wasn't ready for just yet.

"It seems surreal," she suddenly said, her fingers playing with the hem of my shirt.

Her eyes were cast on the ground as she bit her lip in concentration.

"What does?" I asked, shifting my weight on one hand to push a few loose strands behind her ear as I awaited her answer.

She pointed at the two of us. "Us. This. Everything about afterlife. I mean, besides not having a heartbeat, everything just feels ..." She threw her hand up in the air, searching for the right word.

"Like nothing has changed?" I finished for her, knowing what she was talking about.

Elaine nodded. "Yeah. I can feel your skin on mine. It's warm and soft, just how it's supposed to be."

I stared at her, not knowing what to say. Her eyes flickered up to meet mine and she gave me a warm smile, then closed her eyes and leaned in to gently put her lips on mine in a chaste kiss.

Not wanting to let her go just yet, I put my free hand on her neck and kept her against me. My movement took Elaine by surprise and she accidentally rocked her hips forward, her groin pressing against mine.

An involuntary moan slipped past my lips at the friction she caused, and Elaine took the distraction to her advantage. Fidgeting with her hands on my shirt, she finally grabbed it and yanked it over my head.

Her eyes scurried over my torso as she pushed me back down on the mattress, taking control over the situation again. I felt her fingernails scratching across my chest, but not hard enough to leave marks.

The only sound audible were our heavy breaths. Elaine's hands trembled on my chest, and to stop her nerviness, I placed my hands on top of hers. They felt like fire against mine.

"Take it slow," I told her, meaning every word of it, "and only do what you're comfortable with."

She smiled appreciative at me and nodded. Rushing her into things was the last thing I wanted. After all, we had many, many years ahead of us, where we would stay as young as we were now.

Oh. That was something I hadn't thought of yet. Back on earth, sexual activities turned into a problem the older someone turned, but since we both died at a young age, we would stay like this until we were reborn.