27 - This Is How We Do

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

- Walt Disney

______________________

"And those stars over there? That's ... a giraffe!" Elaine exclaimed with enthusiasm in her voice, excitedly clapping her hands together.

"You know what makes giraffes so special, don't you?" I asked, trying to hide my amusement.

"Their long necks?" She guessed, turning her head around on my arm to face me.

We were still lying on the grass, Elaine's head on my right arm while my head was supported with my left one. Trying to make sense of the stars constellation, we had the funniest guesses.

"Exactly," I replied, not able to hold in my chuckle any longer. "I can't see a neck on that giraffe."

"Use your imagination, boy. Those five stars over there," she said, pointing at the sky but my view differed from hers so I couldn't see which ones she was talking about now, "build a long, thin neck. And those stars," she continued pointing, "are the legs."

"I don't see a giraffe, but that constellation over there is a balloon with a ribbon." I couldn't move my arms so I let her search for the stars I was talking about.

"That's a dog on a leash," she commented and laughed immediately. "Or a fat insect, but definitely not a balloon."

"Nonsense," I shot back. "Animals have legs. That's just an egg. Without legs. I'm right, you're wrong, deal with it."

"You wish," she bit back and shifted until she was sitting up next to me. "You just can't stand losing to a girl."

She was right – I couldn't, at least not to her. Angling my legs and putting as much force into my arms as possible, I grabbed her by the waist and rolled her over until she was lying on top of me.

"Harry, oh my gosh, stop!" She screamed, but her laughter took away the seriousness of her request.

My plan was actually to pin her down to the ground, but the way she struggled made it nearly impossible. I was afraid of hurting her, but I put my faith into the fidgety brunette on top of me and hoped she would let me know if she was in pain.

Taking a deep breath, I prepared to roll myself over. I was careful to make it smoothly, yet softly. Somehow, I succeeded and grinned at the surprised expression on her face.

Before Elaine had a chance to fight back, I placed my knees beside her waist, held her legs down with my lower legs and grabbed her wrists in my hands, pinning them down next to her head while putting the weight on my hands so I wouldn't hurt her.

"Still think I'm losing?" I asked in a deep voice, my face only inches away from hers.

Her eyes flickered between mine, before settling on my right one for the moment. Elaine bit her lip, surely fighting off a smile. "Depends."

"Depends on what?" I could see the way she tensed suddenly and prepared for her fighting back.

"If you can hold me down or not," she said through clenched teeth and tried to push me off, but failed miserably.

I laughed at her attempt. "Guess that means I win."

After some more wiggling and twisting, she stopped and let her head fall on the grass again. "You're stronger than me, it's not fair."

"Well, baby, I never said it was." I smirked at her, even though I was trying to maintain a straight face.

"Revenge is sweet."