47 - Everlasting Love

"I want you to know one thing, I will always be true to you, and I will always say to you, I love you."

― Auliq Ice

______________________

My mind was at ease. Hearing the waves plash into the shore, combined with Elaine's soft breathing, was the only sound in the early hour of this calm morning.

The sun has shown us its face a little while ago, and there was still not a single soul in sight. This part of the beach was so secluded, I doubted that anyone even knew about its existence.

I had left Elaine for a few minutes, only grabbing a blanket and a basket filled with food in Shimmerland. I hadn't left her side ever since then.

The food was devoured in a few playful moments. By now, we were simply enjoying the relaxing day without the Council's call or any pendant danger.

My body was spread out on the blanket, and Elaine was on top of me. I had my arms securely wrapped around her petite frame to keep her from falling down, and she had lazily intertwined our legs.

I couldn't see her face, but I felt a hot spot burning on my throat whenever she pursed her lips to leave a small kiss there. I enjoyed her gentle touch, the little show of affection. It made me happy.

We didn't talk, but we didn't have to. We basked in the comfortable silence that felt like a blessing, after squally weeks that had turned our lives upside down – quite literally.

Elaine's hair fell like a halo around her head. I patted it, but didn't bother pushing it over one shoulder to tame the mess. I quite liked it.

In another life, we would have met on the street, and maybe we would have immediately clicked. It might have taken some time, too, but in the end, we would have gotten along.

It was still kind of hard to wrap my head around any of this. Soulmates. I remember clearly laughing in Cassie's face when she told me about this. I thought it was ridiculous.

Now that I have experienced it for myself, I was speechless. Maybe I was too quick to judge, after all.

But I didn't know better.

I was excited to spend a lifetime with Elaine, especially because we were both young and in a good condition. We were healthy and happy, and as long as we had each other, this wouldn't change.

The reminder of being reborn gave me hope. In another life, Elaine and I would find each other again and have our own little family. I might not get to experience it as Harry Styles, but I will as someone else. I was certain of it.

Again, I felt Elaine's lips press against my throat. But unlike the last times, she didn't pull away. Instead, she lounged her head and put her lips on my Adam's apple to suck lightly.

I didn't dare to move. I was completely still until Elaine released my skin, which was probably slightly purple now, and then gulped loudly.

The girl in my arms laid back down as if nothing had happened. The gesture was sweet and semi-innocent, but it made me a little restless.

I pushed any unholy thoughts aside and relaxed back on the blanket again.

My fingers absentmindedly brushed through her hair, stopping every now and then to disentangle knots in her soft strands. Elaine pushed her face harder against my throat, enjoying my cushy touch.

She hummed against my skin, her hot breath hitting me ever so softly. I tightened my grip on her and exhaled slowly, carefully.

"Harry?"