Chapter 2

Xiao Zhan opened the refrigerator and took out sliced bread, ham, and eggs. As he made breakfast, he thought to himself: Wang Yibo clearly likes Xiao Zhan as a person, but it has nothing to do with romantic love. Why can't that liking be transformed into love?

An Omega and an Alpha living under the same roof, having a fondness for each other, being close, but only wanting to be good buddies?

Screw that, Xiao Zhan sighed as he fried the eggs.

Wang Yibo's issue lies in his aversion to Xiao Zhan's Omega identity. If he were an Alpha, perhaps they would naturally be in a romantic relationship.

"Zhan ge," Wang Yibo said.

Xiao Zhan turned around, and Wang Yibo, who had just finished showering, was wearing a white short-sleeved pajama, wiping his hair while pushing open the kitchen door. His cheeks were slightly flushed, and his eyes had a hint of moisture, shining brightly. Xiao Zhan couldn't help but stare for a moment, then turned around to put the fried eggs on a plate.

"Let me do it," Wang Yibo draped the towel he used to dry his hair over his shoulder and patted Xiao Zhan's back, asking, "Are you flying today? Getting up so early."

"Yeah, I'm flying at twelve thirty," Xiao Zhan watched him open the package of ham slices and reached out to wipe off the water droplets sliding down his temple. "Don't take a shower right after waking up. It can cause low blood sugar, especially when I'm not at home. What if you faint? Shower after breakfast from now on."

"It's fine, I've always been like this since I was little," Wang Yibo raised his head and caught sight of Xiao Zhan retracting his hand. Sunlight poured in through the window, and the air was filled with the aroma of fried eggs. He whispered, "Thank you," then asked, "Where are you flying to today?"

"Guangzhou, coming back tonight," Xiao Zhan looked at him and said, "You're flying to Shanghai at one o'clock in the afternoon, right? It's about the same time. Shall we go to the company together later?"

"Yeah" Wang Yibo paused, "How did you know? I haven't told you yet."

Xiao Zhan laughed, patted the top of his head, and said, "Do I need you to tell me? Huan jie is taking you, why wouldn't she tell me about it?"

"Oh, alright, I forgot" Wang Yibo said sheepishly, his face suddenly blushing. "So, every time I have a shoot, Huan jie tells you?"

"Of course" Xiao Zhan chuckled. "Even if Huan jie doesn't tell me, I would still ask. Yibo, you've only been a regular employee for less than half a year, you're still new, I'm worried that you'll be treated unfairly, and I should care about your work situation."

Wang Yibo put the ham slices into the pan and remained silent. Xiao Zhan lowered his voice and said, "If there's anything I can do to help you, and I happen to have the ability to help, why not? We work together, we live together."

"I know" Wang Yibo quickly said. He picked up the spatula by the side and turned off the noisy range hood. Flipping the ham slices, he said, "I know, haish, I'm not that principled. I have to rely solely on myself, it's not necessary, it's already 2023..." As if choked by the fumes, he coughed. "What I mean is, thank you."

Xiao Zhan was somewhat taken aback by the unexpected kindness.

Wang Yibo had a strong personality and didn't like being taken care of. Every time Xiao Zhan tried to do something for him, he had to do it secretly, afraid of being rejected. If Wang Yibo discovered it, he would casually brush it off with a "It's not a big deal." If he didn't notice, he wouldn't mention it at all.

That's why Chen Zhihuan was brought in to take care of Wang Yibo.

Chen Zhihuan is thirty-five years old, excelling in abilities and achievements within the company. She had a pair of twin daughters, and her husband was an Air Force colonel. When Xiao Zhan had just transferred to civil aviation, he flew with her on several missions, and during their conversations about family, he discovered that she and her husband were old acquaintances, which led to their friendship. When Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo got married, Wang Yibo was still an intern, assigned to a teacher with limited experience, which naturally dissatisfied Xiao Zhan. So he sought help from Chen Zhihuan.

He didn't consult with Wang Yibo about this matter. Wang Yibo only found out about the change of teacher after receiving the notification. Xiao Zhan was afraid that Wang Yibo would be angry, so he prepared his words in advance. But Wang Yibo didn't show any signs of anger. After returning home, he simply said to him, "Zhan ge, thank you."

Xiao Zhan often finds Wang Yibo unpredictable. In their daily lives, they maintain a clear boundary between them, fearing to take advantage of him even in the slightest. But at work, he takes care of him and occasionally gives him gifts, which Wang Yibo obediently accepts. Xiao Zhan doesn't understand the standards Wang Yibo uses to determine when to "refuse" or "accept."

"Zhan ge," Wang Yibo took out the two fried ham slices and turned off the stove. "Sometimes, I feel like you're my real older brother." He looked at Xiao Zhan. "Are you really an Alpha? Sometimes I doubt it. You're different from all the Alphas I know."

Xiao Zhan should have accepted this compliment with joy, considering that Wang Yibo rarely praises anyone. But for him, these words are bittersweet. Xiao Zhan swallowed his mixed emotions and smiled, taking out the toasted bread. He asked Wang Yibo, "How am I different from those Alphas?"

Wang Yibo followed him out of the kitchen and sat down at the dining table, looking at Xiao Zhan, who was pouring milk on the side. He lowered his head and said, "You're very gentle and accommodating."

"Are all Alphas supposed to be domineering and rough?" Xiao Zhan placed a glass of milk in front of Wang Yibo. "Huan jie is also an Alpha, and she can be a flight attendant."

"Women and men are different," Wang Yibo shook his head.

"Yibo," Xiao Zhan sighed slightly.

Wang Yibo's deep prejudices against Alphas might never be overturned in his lifetime. Xiao Zhan didn't know how to tell Wang Yibo that not every Alpha sees Omegas as mere reproductive tools or vulnerable groups. His father also wants him to live a good life, but the concept of "good" is defined by the older generation, not the equality and freedom that Wang Yibo desires.

"Gender doesn't determine character," Xiao Zhan patted Wang Yibo's shoulder and said, "If you were an Alpha, you would also be gentle, right?"

Wang Yibo's hand holding the cup paused and his pupils trembled for a moment, which didn't escape Xiao Zhan's eyes. He immediately realized that he had touched a sore spot for Wang Yibo and wanted to apologize, but Wang Yibo had already shaken his head and said, "Go wash up, let's eat."