Chapter 32

On a weekday morning, even a hangover couldn't overcome the biological clock that Xiao Zhan had developed over the years. He opened his eyes promptly at seven o'clock.

The air conditioner hummed softly, and there was still a lingering smell of alcohol in the air. Xiao Zhan's eyes were also extremely dry, and it took him quite a while of blinking before he felt more comfortable.

As consciousness returned, he wanted to find the remote control to turn off the air conditioner, only to realize he was holding onto someone. His palm was pressed against warm skin, and Xiao Zhan's breath caught in his throat. He looked down to see Wang Yibo, bare-shouldered, sleeping soundly.

Xiao Zhan felt his scalp tingling and immediately withdrew his hand, sitting up abruptly. The thin blanket was lifted, exposing Wang Yibo's upper body completely. Under Xiao Zhan's horrified gaze, Wang Yibo grunted twice and turned over, still sound asleep. Xiao Zhan was so nervous that he forgot to breathe. Only after confirming that Wang Yibo showed no signs of waking up did he close his eyes and let out a long sigh of relief.

Rubbing his face, Xiao Zhan recalled the events of last night: he must have gotten drunk, then was driven back by Song Li, and then... it seemed like Wang Yibo carried him upstairs, and he might have acted drunk and foolishly. Flashes of Wang Yibo's smiling face, his questioning, and the memory of forcefully kissing Wang Yibo against the wall crossed his mind.

No way, Xiao Zhan felt like he'd been struck by lightning, unable to believe he could be so bold, and he was completely scared awake. Though his memories were hazy and he couldn't recall what was said, kissing Wang Yibo had indeed happened.

He hoped it was just a dream, leaning over to check on Wang Yibo, but unfortunately, Wang Yibo's lips were red and swollen.

Xiao Zhan sat on the bed in a daze, trying to recall what happened afterward, but he couldn't remember anything. How did he end up sleeping with Wang Yibo? Why wasn't Wang Yibo wearing any sleepwear? He couldn't believe that after forcefully kissing Wang Yibo, Wang Yibo would willingly sleep with him. Most likely, he must have dragged Wang Yibo onto the bed, and Wang Yibo couldn't resist him.

Xiao Zhan felt his head spinning, feeling like he was hit by a bolt from the blue. The only thing he could be grateful for was that he probably fell asleep as soon as he got into bed and didn't do anything irreparable to Wang Yibo.

But it seemed like it was already irreparable. He leaned against the head of the bed, looking at the sleeping Wang Yibo, slowly pulling up the blanket to cover him. Then, glancing around, he picked up the remote control and turned off the air conditioner.

He took a long breath, his eyelashes covering his eyelids, casting a trembling fan-shaped shadow. After putting the remote control back in place, he withdrew his hands, pressing on the sides of his nose bridge. His breath quickened for a moment, his lips pursed tightly as he held back tears.

Xiao Zhan wasn't someone who liked to dwell on regrets. After all, what's done is done, and regretting it would only torment himself. But right now, he really wanted to strangle his past self from yesterday. Why did he randomly drink with Song Li? Didn't he know how badly he was doing? And sympathizing with others' misfortunes for what? Now you can go out and drink with Song Li again, drink for the rest of your life.

He sniffed, then took another breath, tilting his head back to look at the ceiling. His thumb brushed against the diamond ring on his ring finger, and his nostrils flared slightly. He lowered his head and turned towards Wang Yibo, carefully approaching him and embracing him once more.

Xiao Zhan closed his eyes, sensing the fresh scent of shower gel emanating from Wang Yibo's body, along with the clean fragrance of sunlight, just like every other morning in the past.