Chapter 27

Xiao Zhan's parents lived not far from their place, about a half-hour drive away. When Xiao Zhan arrived at the entrance of the residential area, it was exactly 11 o'clock, and Wang Yibo was waiting for him by the roadside, taking out his phone just in time to hear someone calling his name.

He looked up, and on the other side of the road, Xiao Zhan's aunt got out of her car, waving at him with a smile, "You guys just arrived too?"

"Aunt" Wang Yibo quickly called back, smiling and saying, "Yes, we just got here."

Xiao Zhan got off the car and called someone. His cousin, Shen Cong, also parked the car and, along with his wife, took their child out and put him in a stroller before crossing the road.

"Xuan Xuan, look who's here?" Shen Cong picked up his son, letting him see Xiao Zhan. Xuan Xuan had only met Xiao Zhan once and had no impression of this young uncle, so he looked a bit scared and hid in Shen Cong's arms. Shen Cong smiled and said, "This kid is always timid, afraid of everyone he meets."

"The child is still young, he'll get better as he grows older." Xiao Zhan reached out and touched Xuan Xuan's head, then turned to Wang Yibo, smiling as he said, "When Xuan Xuan turned 100 days old, we were both working and couldn't be there, so Yibo felt guilty and bought him a longevity lock as a gift. It wasn't expensive, just a gesture of goodwill."

Wang Yibo nodded and handed the gift bag to Shen Cong. Shen Cong took the bag and said to Wang Yibo, "Thank you." Then he looked at Xiao Zhan and said, "You're really being too polite. What's the need for gifts? When Xuan Xuan turns one year old, you can come over then. There's no rush."

"It's just a gesture. Shouldn't I buy a gift for my nephew? Don't be so polite with me" Xiao Zhan said with a smile. After exchanging some pleasantries, they walked into the residential area, with Xiao Zhan leading and his aunt's family following behind.

"I heard from Xiaoxia that Yibo got promoted this year?" Xiao Zhan's aunt chatted with him, "How are you both doing now? Is work busy?"

"Yes, he got promoted after the New Year" Xiao Zhan replied, "It's alright, just so-so. I'm used to being in the military, so I feel like things are quite relaxed now."

Wang Yibo held Xiao Zhan's hand and occasionally echoed a few words. His family knew he was introverted and not talkative, so they were accustomed to Xiao Zhan speaking on his behalf, engaging in small talk as they walked to the entrance of the building.

Xiao Zhan pressed the doorbell, and Shen Cong stayed back to tidy the stroller. However, they heard Xiao Mama's voice through the video intercom, and then the door opened. The emergency lights in the hallway turned on, and as they walked upstairs, Xiao Zhan's aunt said, "You two are so busy with work. When are you planning to have a child?"

Wang Yibo was taken aback and tightened his grip on Xiao Zhan's hand. Xiao Zhan also seemed caught off guard but reacted a bit quicker than him, laughing and saying, "Well, work is quite busy indeed. He just got promoted, and my work hours aren't fixed yet, so we don't really have time to think about having a child. Let's talk about it in a few years."

"Even so, you two are always flying around, never settling down. When will you ever decide? I've come to realize that it's not easy to take care of a child. I'll be too old to handle him in a few more years. It's better to have a child sooner. Besides, your parents are getting older too. Who will take care of the child if not you two?"

Her words were innocent, but the listener perceived them differently. Footsteps echoed in the hallway, and Wang Yibo's palms began to sweat as he lowered his head, hearing Xiao Zhan's reply, "You're right. It's just that Yibo is still young, and I don't want him to become a mother so early."