Chapter 26

In the past week, Wang Yibo hasn't been to work, and he feels like he's about to go moldy from staying at home. On Friday, Xiao Zhan took a late-night flight and only got home around 1 a.m. Normally, he would have gone to bed according to his own biological clock, but for some reason – whether it was because his heat was approaching or due to the emotional connection between them – he couldn't sleep without Xiao Zhan coming home first, so he stayed awake until past 1 a.m.

When the sound of the door opening echoed through the house, he rushed out of the bedroom. Surprised to see that he hadn't gone to sleep yet, Xiao Zhan asked, "Are you feeling unwell? Can't sleep?"

Wang Yibo felt a bit guilty about the question, hesitated for a moment, then shook his head and nodded. He walked to the entrance, took Xiao Zhan's briefcase, and placed it on the sofa. Xiao Zhan bent down to take off his shoes, looking tired. Wang Yibo kicked the slippers toward him and asked, "Feeling tired?"

"A bit. I don't like taking late-night flights" Xiao Zhan replied, changing his shoes and sitting on the sofa. "I have to get up early tomorrow, we'll have dinner at home."

"Okay, Mom called me in the evening to remind us not to forget" Wang Yibo said, putting the shoes in the shoe cabinet and sitting next to Xiao Zhan. Xiao Zhan yawned, and he leaned closer, extending his hand, "Do you have a headache? Let me massage it for you."

Xiao Zhan probably intended to decline, but before he had the chance, Wang Yibo's fingertips were already pressing against his forehead. Xiao Zhan put his hand down and looked at him with half-opened eyes, looking a bit lazy. Wang Yibo couldn't help being drawn to him in this state, and he unconsciously moved closer, asking softly, "Does it feel better?"

"Mhm" Xiao Zhan nodded with a smile, reaching out to embrace him, saying, "I submitted the request today, I'll delay my flight until your heat is over. I'll stay with you at home these days. Did you prepare the suppressants? I'm afraid this time it will be worse than before."

Wang Yibo, who was already 23 years old and not yet marked, knew that his heat would become more intense, and the suppressants' effectiveness would gradually decrease. Last time during his heat, he used two tubes of suppressants, but he still suffered from the intense heat all night.

Looking at Xiao Zhan, Wang Yibo hesitated and tried to speak but stopped himself. He wasn't sure if it was wishful thinking or if there really was a change, but ever since that night when his pheromones overflowed, Xiao Zhan seemed distant compared to before. There weren't any obvious changes in his words or actions, but he felt a subtle difference in the way Xiao Zhan treated him, a sense of politeness mixed with distance, and he couldn't be certain if it was his desire to cross boundaries that created this illusion.

"I'm prepared, but..." Wang Yibo's heart pounded, and he tentatively said, "You're right. Because I'm not marked, my heat will be harder to endure each time, and the suppressants will become less effective. This time, my heat will definitely be more severe than the last."

"Zhan ge" he stole a glance at Xiao Zhan's expression, and his voice trembled slightly with fear, "If I'm in a bad state this time, if the suppressants don't work for a long time, would you... mark me temporarily? Otherwise, you will also feel uncomfortable at home."

Xiao Zhan clearly looked stunned. Having just finished a late-night flight, his brain wasn't working quickly, and it took a while for him to respond, asking, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah" Wang Yibo didn't know if his face was blushing, but his heart was pounding. Trying to remain calm, he continued, "It's just a temporary mark, it's not a big deal."

Indeed, a temporary mark wasn't a big deal, in clinical practice, it had even become a treatment method, injecting Alpha pheromones into an Omega's glands through the neck. But marking Wang Yibo temporarily was something he couldn't consider as just a treatment. Facing the Wang Yibo in heat, he already found it difficult to control himself, he knew that after he bit into Wang Yibo's glands, it would be even harder to resist.