Chapter 25

Wang Yibo smiled and said, "Well, if you like Omegas, they'll be completely devoted to Alphas"  catching Xiao Zhan off guard. "You're such a gentle person, liking Alphas would make you an easy target for bullying."

He said it with some emotion, at least Xiao Zhan had never heard Wang Yibo use such a soft tone before. These words weren't pleasant to hear for an Alpha, as if it meant he wasn't as good as other Alphas, but Xiao Zhan understood the true meaning behind Wang Yibo's words, or rather, he felt the affectionate emotions.

"Yibo..."

"Xiao Zhan." Wang Yibo rarely called him by his full name. In his memory, there was only the wedding day. Xiao Zhan had an intuition that Wang Yibo's current mood was complicated and intense, but he didn't know why. Wang Yibo didn't make any movements, and after a while, he lowered his gaze, smiled, and said, "You're so good, don't actively love someone in the future. The one who loves first suffers first, and the one who loves more suffers more. Wait for someone else to love you."

The words that came out of Wang Yibo's mouth were astonishing to Xiao Zhan. He couldn't help but think, how did this inexperienced kid who had never been in a relationship suddenly have such a deep understanding of love?

"YiBo?" he called out to him in disbelief, but Wang Yibo turned to fetch the milk, seemingly unwilling to say anything more.

"Just speaking my mind, afraid that you, this good cabbage, will be taken by pigs one day"

Wang Yibo said. He was really strange today, starting from the moment they boarded the plane in the morning. Xiao Zhan believed he knew Wang Yibo very well, and he couldn't understand why he would say these things out of the blue. But since Wang Yibo didn't want to elaborate, he didn't push further and changed the topic, going along with it. "Well, I'll go take a shower then. Are you still going to sleep with me tonight?"

Wang Yibo immediately tightened his grip on the milk cup. His Adam's apple bobbed, and there was a milk stain residue on the corner of his lips as he softly said, "Not tonight."

Even when he didn't have any symptoms a few days ago, they still slept together, but now that he was feeling uncomfortable, he wanted to sleep alone. Xiao Zhan found it unreasonable and asked, "Are you sure? I'm afraid you won't be able to sleep. You're already feeling unwell today."

"I'll be fine" Wang Yibo avoided eye contact and shook his head. "I'll be fine."

"Alright." Xiao Zhan could tell that something was off about him, but he couldn't figure it out, and it wouldn't be appropriate to press the matter. "Just finish your milk and go to sleep then. You don't need to worry about the air conditioning. I'll come and turn it off later tonight."

"Wait, Zhan ge." Wang Yibo called out to Xiao Zhan, who was already getting up, and hesitated to speak several times before saying, "Um, you don't need to come and turn off the air conditioning. You have to go to work tomorrow, so rest well. I'll adjust it to twenty-seven degrees and sleep later."

Xiao Zhan furrowed his brows, and Wang Yibo added, "You go to sleep early. Goodnight." It was like issuing a farewell order. Xiao Zhan was completely puzzled, unable to understand why Wang Yibo suddenly changed his attitude when he had been so clingy before.

"Alright, goodnight." With a head full of question marks, Xiao Zhan walked out of Wang Yibo's bedroom and closed the door behind him.

Inside the room, only a dim lamp illuminated the room with difficulty. Xiao Zhan went to his bedroom to get his change of clothes before entering the bathroom. Everywhere he looked, there were traces of their shared life, but he had never stepped into Wang Yibo's heart.

He didn't know whether it was a sorrowful realization that he couldn't understand Wang Yibo's thoughts or a sorrowful realization that even though he couldn't understand, he knew that there was no place for him in Wang Yibo's thoughts.