Chapter 16

It was past seven o'clock when Xiao Zhan arrived at the restaurant. According to international customs, crew members of the same team would have a meal together if it coincided with mealtime before boarding. He saw that all the cabin crew members had already taken their seats at the left table, except for Wang Yibo.

Thinking about what Wang Yibo said when he walked out of the elevator, Xiao Zhan frowned and said to Song Li, "I already had dinner at home. I'll go ahead."

"Okay."

Xiao Zhan put on his cap and walked over. Li Hongmian was the first to notice him. She smiled, waved, and said, "Hello, Captain Xiao." The other crew members at the table turned their heads and greeted him as well.

After acknowledging their greetings, Xiao Zhan asked, "Where's Yibo? Did he go to the restroom?"

"Yibo said he had dinner at home and wasn't feeling well, so he's waiting in the rest area. He'll join us directly when it's time to board" Li Hongmian replied.

"Not feeling well?" Xiao Zhan immediately asked, concerned. "What's wrong with him? Did he say anything about it?"

Li Hongmian noticed the change in his expression and felt a bit uneasy. Her attitude became less friendly, and she lowered her head, saying, "I'm not sure. He didn't say anything, and I didn't want to ask. Didn't you say his heat period was approaching? It's probably because of that. Maybe he just wants to be alone for a while."

Heat period was a private matter, and the other people at the table changed their expressions upon hearing it. Xiao Zhan's gaze darkened, and he placed his electronic flight bag and luggage down, saying, "Thanks, I'll go check on him. You all eat." He then turned and left.

No one dared to say anything, and the atmosphere became somewhat awkward. It was only when Song Li and Captain Yu, who were unaware of the situation, came over and sat down that the mood lightened again.

The crew rest area was not far from the restaurant. While walking, Xiao Zhan called Wang Yibo, but he didn't answer. Xiao Zhan couldn't help but worry. They were about to board the flight, and whether it was a physical or psychological discomfort, it would affect their work. Moreover, Li Hongmian clearly had some animosity towards him, and he would surely be scolded if he made a mistake today.

Xiao Zhan started running as he continued on his way and, upon reaching the rest area, he pushed open the door. "Yibo."

Wang Yibo was lying on the couch, facing inward, and he moved slightly upon hearing the voice.

Xiao Zhan closed the door and walked briskly over to Wang Yibo. "Are you okay, Yibo? The crew members said you're not feeling well. What's bothering you?" He bent down and glanced at him, then sat down on the couch next to Wang Yibo, gently patting him. "Yibo?"

"I'm fine, just feeling suffocated and wanted some quiet time" Wang Yibo replied, still facing away. When he saw Xiao Zhan's worried expression, the pent-up frustration in his heart lessened a bit.

He actually wanted to ask Xiao Zhan something, but he didn't know what to ask.

He could already guess Xiao Zhan's responses. If he asked, "Are you close with Song Li?" Xiao Zhan would probably answer, "We're alright, he's a good person." If he asked, "Why do you talk to Song Li and interact with him like that?" Xiao Zhan would likely be puzzled and say, "What do you mean?"

He could already anticipate Xiao Zhan's answers, so what else was there to ask? But he had a vague feeling that Xiao Zhan wasn't the target of his questions, or rather, these questions weren't precise enough. What did he truly want to ask? What was he frustrated about? He couldn't summarize it himself.