Chapter 4

"Okay, Captain Xiao, here's your Electronic Flight Bag"

"Thank you." Xiao Zhan took the electronic flight bag and walked towards the rest area. As soon as he entered, he heard a loud voice saying, "Xiao laoshi." He looked up and saw the trainee pilot, Song Li, waving at him.

"Not bad, you're here early today" Xiao Zhan teased as he walked to the table and sat down. Song Li quickly picked up his own belongings and went over. He patted Xiao Zhan's shoulder and said, "Come on, Xiao laoshi, don't be so calculative. I was just late once. Besides, I had a real problem at that time. It wasn't just oversleeping."

"Watch your words, don't disgust me" Xiao Zhan slapped his hand away. "Keep your claws off."

Song Li recoiled in pain, holding his hand and said, "Xiao laoshi, you're so ruthless. This is a pilot's hand, it's precious."

"If you put as much effort into flying as you do in nonsense, I think you would have already become an instructor" Xiao Zhan shook his head speechlessly and showed Song Li an enlarged segment of the flight route. "Tell me, how would you handle this situation?"

"Apply for a higher altitude to avoid the cloud layer, and the clouds will disperse when returning" Song Li answered confidently, then pursed his lips and said, "I have good grades, you know. Other instructors are delighted when they get assigned to me. It's only you who treats me like an idiot."

Xiao Zhan glanced at him, smiled, and returned his attention to the tablet. "If your grades weren't good, would the company assign you to me?"

"Well, I know that you used to fly fighter jets and that you're the most outstanding pilot in the company. It's my great fortune to be able to learn from you" Song Li said before receiving a slap from Xiao Zhan. Rubbing his shoulder, he laughed, "I didn't say anything wrong. It's the truth."

"Forget it, stop flattering me" Xiao Zhan marked the flight route on the tablet and asked Song Li, "Hey, kid, I have something I want to ask you."

Song Li was surprised and excited, "Laoshi, you're being too polite. How can I help you? My life is already fulfilled if you have a question for me."

"Can you speak a little quieter?" Xiao Zhan clicked his tongue.

Song Li closed his mouth tightly and nodded, indicating "Okay."

Xiao Zhan averted his gaze and looked at the tablet, feeling a bit uncomfortable. "Well, I wanted to ask what kind of things boys your age like, something meaningful... something that would make them really happy if they received it as a gift."

"A gift?" Song Li's quick-mindedness kicked in, and after thinking for a couple of seconds, he understood. He leaned closer and whispered, "Is it for laoshi's wife?"

Xiao Zhan almost dropped his pen and clicked his tongue. "Don't talk nonsense. Who said it is laoshi's wife?"

Song Li blinked and said, "If he's not your wife, then what should I call him? Aren't you buying the gift for him? OMG, Laoshi, you can't do that. You are married and your wife is really nice."

"I thank you, but I don't need you to evaluate whether my wife is good or not." Xiao Zhan rolled his eyes and sighed a moment later. Seeing him frowning, Song Li said, "Don't use that term loosely. Yibo would get upset. He's an Omega, but he's very ambitious and doesn't like such labels."

"What does being ambitious have to do with it? Don't you call him your wife?" Song Li was a bit confused but didn't want to ask further. He nodded and said, "I understand. Okay, then, are you planning to give Yibo ge a gift? If I may ask, why?"

"Yes," Xiao Zhan rubbed the pen in his hand and whispered, "It's his birthday."

"Birthday..." Song Li rested his chin on his hand and thought for a moment. Then he snapped his fingers and said, "Well, you should consider his interests. Does Yibo ge have any hobbies?"