Chapter 24

Dinner was eaten separately. Xiao Zhan specially made a meal for Wang Yibo, a patient's meal of steamed egg custard with rice and side dishes, while he himself quickly ate a bowl of noodles. Wang Yibo scooped up a spoonful of rice and put it in his mouth, while Xiao Zhan sat across from him, looking at his phone as if chatting on WeChat, barely taking a few bites. Wang Yibo tapped the side of the bowl with his spoon and said, "Why are you constantly on your phone? Eat your meal first."

Usually, it was Xiao Zhan who said this to Wang Yibo. Xiao Zhan looked at the WeChat message he just sent, put down his phone, and said, "Hai ge is asking about today's situation. I'll explain to him and then help you request leave."

Wang Yibo nodded and asked, "Is everything okay? Did you leave the plane without completing the procedures? I didn't notice at the time."

"I completed most of it, just didn't wait for the pre-flight inspection" Xiao Zhan said, looking down at the new WeChat message, typing a thank-you message, and continued, "But I flew to the destination and came back with Yu Heng. It's not a big deal in special circumstances. Hai ge just wanted to know, but my main focus is to tell him that you need to rest later."

"Then" Wang Yibo glanced at Xiao Zhan's phone, "Has the leave been approved?"

"Definitely approved. Why wouldn't they approve leave during the heat period?" Xiao Zhan waited for a moment, but the leader didn't reply. He locked his phone screen and put it aside, picked up his chopsticks, and started eating his noodles, saying, "It's already arranged. When you resume work, just fill in the leave form. I'm flying to the capital tomorrow and will only be back in the evening. These few days, don't order takeout. I'll prepare the dishes and put them in the fridge. There are leftovers for rice, you can just heat it up in the microwave tomorrow."

Wang Yibo was about to ask Xiao Zhan where he was flying to tomorrow when he realized that Xiao Zhan had already arranged everything. He had never doubted Xiao Zhan's thoughtfulness and attentiveness, but today, he felt it more deeply, and even had a hint of admiration.

"Okay" Wang Yibo put down his spoon and drank water. Feeling a bit scattered in his thoughts, he found even Xiao Zhan eating noodles looked strangely good. Holding his water glass, he asked, "What time are you flying tomorrow? Will you have lunch at home?"

"I'm flying at 1:20, won't have lunch at home" Xiao Zhan replied without lifting his head. He continued, "By the way, Yibo, I forgot to tell you. My mom called at noon and asked us to go home for dinner on Saturday. My aunt's family is also coming, and they'll probably bring Xuan Xuan along. We didn't go for the hundredth-day celebration before, although we gave a red envelope, it's not quite right, so I want to buy a gift as a gesture."

Naturally, Wang Yibo nodded and asked, "Sure, what do you want to buy?"

"Just a longevity lock, a little bracelet, something like that. He's still a baby, so we can only give these things" Xiao Zhan said, "These few days, you will not be working, so go to a jewelry store and pick out something decent. As long as it looks good."

"Ah? I'll pick?" Wang Yibo put down the water glass, thought for a moment, and said, "Then, which brand should we buy? Gold or silver? Uh, do you have a budget? I'll choose based on the price..."

"Yibo" Xiao Zhan interrupted him, chuckling, "It's just a hundredth-day gift for our nephew, no need for a budget. Xuan Xuan is my nephew and your nephew. When he learns to recognize people in the future, he'll have to call you 'xiao-shen' ( – aunt in regional dialect). Don't treat him like someone else's child, okay?"

"Call me..." Wang Yibo was momentarily speechless. Xiao Zhan looked at him with an open gaze, simply stating the fact, but he himself felt restless. He took a tissue to wipe his mouth and said, "Alright, then I'll go see him tomorrow. I'm done eating, I'll go get my phone." He stood up after speaking.