Chapter 14

At 5 o'clock in the morning, with a faint light on the horizon, Xiao Zhan finished making breakfast and went back to the room to wake up Wang Yibo. Wang Yibo was still fast asleep, half of his face buried in the pillow.

Approaching his heat period, Wang Yibo had been feeling sleepy these past few days. If it weren't for the early flight today, Xiao Zhan would have let him sleep until noon.

Xiao Zhan squatted by the bedside, listening to Wang Yibo's steady breathing. He lifted his hand and touched his warm cheek with his fingertips.

Since that Sunday night when they slept together until dawn, Wang Yibo seemed to have tasted the sweetness of it. Last night, after finishing his nightly routine, he had brought his pillow into Xiao Zhan's bedroom and said, "If it doesn't bother you, can I sleep with you until the end of my heat period?"

How could it bother him? He was so adorably silly. Xiao Zhan nodded happily, waiting for Wang Yibo to get on the bed and hug him, thinking to himself, 'Even if it's a burden, it's a sweet burden when the one I love is in my arms. Why should I be picky?'

"Yibo" he patted Wang Yibo gently and called him softly, "Yibo, wake up, xiao pengyou, it's time to get up for work. We have an early flight today."

Wang Yibo made a few murmuring sounds before slowly opening his eyes, and Xiao Zhan smiled as he touched his face, saying, "Still not fully awake?"

"Mmm..." Wang Yibo buried his head back into the pillow for a moment before struggling to sit up, yawning and scratching his head. He asked, "What time is it?"

"It's past five" Xiao Zhan stood up and said, "Breakfast is ready, hurry up and get up."

Wang Yibo clicked his tongue and, like all working-class people on their first day back to work after a holiday, reluctantly left his warm bed and sluggishly made his way to the bathroom to freshen up. Xiao Zhan leaned against the door, watching him with his head drooping as he brushed his teeth. He asked, "Are you that tired? Take a nap in the car later, but don't doze off once you're on board. It's not Huan Jie as the chief flight attendant today, so be careful not to fall asleep."

"I've been a bit lethargic these past few days" Wang Yibo rinsed his mouth and replied, removing his towel and washing his face. "No worries, after having breakfast, I'll be fine. I haven't seen the flight crew yet, who's the chief flight attendant today?"

Xiao Zhan thought for a moment and said, "Li Hongmian."

Wang Yibo hung the towel back in its place and looked at Xiao Zhan, then smiled and turned back to pick up his electric shaver. Xiao Zhan was puzzled and asked, "What are you smiling at? It's weird. Is there something wrong with Li Hongmian?"

"I don't know how she is as a person, I've only flown with her once" Wang Yibo said, looking at himself in the mirror. "But I know she used to have a crush on you, and it was quite a big deal, I even heard about it."

Raising his gaze, their eyes met in the mirror, and Wang Yibo said, "Do you think she still likes you now?"

"How would I know?" Xiao Zhan felt awkward and turned his head to adjust his uniform collar. "She probably doesn't like me anymore, it's been so long since I got married."

"That's hard to say" Wang Yibo put down the electric shaver, and the annoying noise stopped. He lifted his chin, looking in the mirror while saying, "It's not like before, getting married doesn't mean much. How many divorces do we have in our company?"

"Maybe." Xiao Zhan pursed his lips and approached, resting his hand on Wang Yibo's shoulder. He said, "Anyway, I won't divorce you. We're doing fine like this."

The razor was put back in its place, and Wang Yibo's wet bangs hung on his forehead, tickling his eyebrows. He smiled but didn't say anything.

Xiao Zhan picked up the hairdryer and said he would help blow-dry Wang Yibo's hair.

Wang Yibo glanced at him and nodded, saying, "Okay."

"I've noticed that you've been a bit sensitive these past few days, thinking about trivial matters" Xiao Zhan said as he turned on the hairdryer. "What is there to think about? Even if someday, I wanted a divorce, we are family. We would part amicably. I would never have an affair that would embarrass you. Don't worry unnecessarily."

Wang Yibo crouched slightly to facilitate Xiao Zhan's actions as he replied with a soft "Mmm" that was swallowed by the noise of the hairdryer.

When they arrived downstairs at the company, it was already 6:30, and the sky was bright.

The August sun poured down, and Xiao Zhan took out two suitcases from the trunk before locking the car. He said to Wang Yibo, "Be diligent today and have a better attitude. Don't let anyone catch your mistakes and scold you. It's already considerate of me to have you fly with me these past few days. On the surface, I can't interfere with your cabin crew matters, understand?"

"I understand, you've already said it three times. I'm not stupid" Wang Yibo replied, taking his own suitcase and giving Xiao Zhan a slightly exasperated look.

Xiao Zhan tapped his forehead and said, "I'm just afraid you'll be wronged. As the saying goes, jealousy is intensified when rivals meet. With your sensitive mind these past few days, if someone targets you, it would all fall on me, wouldn't it?"

"Why would it be a rival? Don't flatter yourself" Wang Yibo chuckled and said, "And it's your fault. You rejected her back then. It's pitiful that I have to bear the consequences of someone's envy due to love. I blame you."

Xiao Zhan made a sound of disbelief and said, "Now you've also learned to be unreasonable?"

"How am I being unreasonable..." Before he could finish his sentence, a car pulled into the nearby parking space. Wang Yibo fell silent and was pulled aside by Xiao Zhan.

He couldn't see who was in the car, but he knew that no matter which colleague it was, they shouldn't hear their private conversation. Wang Yibo tugged at Xiao Zhan and said, "Let's go, Zhan ge."

"Hey, Captain Xiao, what a coincidence"

Xiao Zhan was just about to turn around when he was called, and his eyebrows jumped. He thought to himself, 'Indeed, what a coincidence.' He looked at Wang Yibo and then turned back, saying, "Good morning."

Wang Yibo followed Xiao Zhan's lead and turned back as well, smiling as he said, "Good morning, Hong jie."

"Good morning" Li Hongmian replied with a smile, but her smile wasn't as radiant when she saw Xiao Zhan leading Wang Yibo. However, as a flight attendant, she was skilled at fake smiles. Gracefully, she answered Wang Yibo, "Good morning, Yibo. If I remember correctly, this is our second flight together?"

"Yes" Wang Yibo nodded and said, "I haven't been with the company for a year yet. Normally, I'm with Huan jie."

"Right, you were just confirmed last winter" Li Hongmian walked beside Xiao Zhan, entering the company gate together. She asked, "So why are you flying alone today? I didn't hear that Huan jie took a leave."

"Uh, it's not Huan jie's issue, it's my issue" Wang Yibo almost choked and thought, 'This sister is too good at asking questions. She's just poking at sore spots.' He pinched Xiao Zhan's palm and discreetly looked at his reaction.

"During this special period, I'm not at ease with him flying with someone else. I applied to the superiors, and Yibo has been flying with me this week" Xiao Zhan said in a flat tone.

"Special period?" Li Hongmian didn't immediately understand, but after a few seconds, her face turned embarrassed, and she awkwardly said, "Oh, I see. Yibo, have you prepared the suppressant pills? Make sure to carry them with you. Otherwise, it will be troublesome if the pheromones overflow."

"I have them with me. I took the medication in advance, and I've also changed to a new suppressant patch. There won't be any issues" Wang Yibo replied with a smile.

"Alright, that's good" Li Hongmian said, coughing awkwardly. She stood in front of the elevator and didn't say anything more.