Chapter Three ~ America

I ring the doorbell twice, and wait some what impatiently for Francis to answer his door. I tap my foot lightly, humming some odd tune, and look up at his three stories of windows.

I always did like that a lot of French architecture seemed to have lots of windows.

I hear a small shuffling behind the door and look down in time to see my slightly smaller half-twin opening the door slowly and looking out from behind it shyly.

"Bienvenue..." Mathew answers the door quietly. He notices me and his eyes light up slightly.

"Oh hey Alfred" A small smile grows on his lips and I scoop him up into a big hug, probably accidently squeezing the life out of him.

"Mattie! How you doing bro? Francis treating you alright?" I set him down and get a good look at him. He doesn't look much different from the last time I saw him. Still wears his red hoodie and ripped denim jeans. He still has one curly strand of hair that acted like my cowlick that can't be tamed. His endlessly violet eyes were still as childish as ever, but I did notice one difference.

He seems to hold himself a little higher, a little straighter. He finally looks his real hieght, the same as mine, no longer slouching. A spark of pride flashes in my heart, and I know he is doing just fine and there is nothing to worry about.

"Oui. Francis has been really supportive. And I'm doing well..." He diverts his eyes for a moment letting me in and shuts the door behind me. "But I did start to miss you brother. I wish we could visit more."

I laugh as softly as my loud laugh can be and smile at him. "Ah com'on bro! Don't be gloomy! I'm always a phone call away if you need me I promise!" I ruffle his hair softly. "Besides, it's hard work running a country."

I laugh and he giggles softly next to me sighing "yeah, you're right..."

Deciding we needed to change the subsubject, I inquire the Canadian, "Where is Francis?"

As if on cue, the flashey Frenchman walks in, a dozen red roses in a pretty crystal vase in his hands. He wore his usual flashy army uniform, and a pair of pink gardening gloves.

"Mon précieux Mattie? Where did you go?" He looks around the room and spots us standing at the door way. His eyes light up when they see Mathew and darken when they land on me.

"Oh no you don't! Zis poor boy is mine! I will not stand for you're grubby paws corrupting my precious Mathew!" He sets his flowers on a table next to him and stomps over to us. Francis pulls Mathew into a smoldering hug and his cold blue eyes stare at me.

"Woah dude chill!" I bring my hands up as if to surrender. "I only came over to say hi. I wasn't going to do anything to my brother." I put emphasis on the last words to get something through that thick French skull of Francis's.

"Ohohohon! Zat is a funny joke Alfred! If you were a real frère, you would 'ave supported Mathew and not sent 'im to sleep crying some nights!"

I don't believe a word this perve is telling me, and I start to grow irritated. "Look, dude, I do support Mathew! I've never made him cry! EVER! Right Matt?"

I look to my twin desperately, hoping he will deny the Frenchman's words.

"Well... No... Not exactly..." His face goes red and he looks at the floor.

I can't believe this! I'm being blamed for something I haven't done!

"I would like for you to leave my place now." Francis's cold eyes dare me to speak out again.

I know I've lost the battle, not even sure what started it, so I walk out the door and Francis shuts the door behind me. I can almost make out the Frenchman's words: "Child... Needs to... And shut up... Mattie?"

I stop listening, and my shoulders droop as I walk away from the French house. I pull the tiny purple flower out of my bomber jacket pocket and look at it, wondering what I should do next.

Hmmm.... Who would actually enjoy my company....?

I think for a moment, and I walk to a park sitting down on a bench.

Let's see, I'm sure Ludwig is busy with Feliciano... Yao would try to sell me more food... Ivan is kind of creepy... I don't really know or talk to Antonio, Heracles, or Gilbert... He only ever talks about his 'avsome self' anyway...

I sit there and goe through a mental list of all the other countries I know, when a familiar name rings in my head.

That's it! I'll go see Kiku! He and I get along amazingly! Its perfect!

I pull out my wallet again, to double check I'll have enough money to travel all the way to Japan, and seeing that I do, I again make my way to a bus station.

~AN~
Hello and thank you for reading! Some notes I thought I should make:
Mathew/Mattie/Matt = Canada
Francis = France
Alfred = America
Bienvenue = welcome
Oui = yes
Mon précieux = my precious
Frère = brother
Ludwig = Germany
Feliciano = North Italy
Yao = China
Ivan = Russia
Antonio = Spain
Heracles = Greece
Gilbert = Prussia
Kiku = Japan
I know not everyone is a fan of the human names, but I like using them. I dunno. But I figured I could at least make it all a little easier for those of you who don't know the names. I'll be going back to the st two chapters to add the names note as well. Thanks for reading and sweet dreams!
~Blü~