Chapter Six ~ Russia

The car ride from Kiku's house my home was always a long one when ever I embarked on it.

But this time it felt three times as long because of that damn American.

He was already on my nerves when he sat down in Kiku's house and started playing with that damn metal think. I could still hear its little clink clinking in my head. But it just got worse as the ride went on.

Not only did he obnoxiously sing to every song on the loud radio off key, but he also had to stop to use the restroom five times, Alfred saw a hill and said he just had to go look at the land from it, and he had me stop so he could get some fast food three times. I am surprised I didn't stop the car and leave him stranded.

And why the hell would he want to come to my house? No one has ever wanted to come to my house!

Especially since I told him that lie about the storm. There is no storm coming, so how am I supposed to explain that to him? 'Oh sorry sir! I just didn't want to be around you so I lied about the weather!' Ah well I could probably just play it off as weather is very unpredictable.

What I do need to figure out though, is how to get rid of him...

And with that thought, said American turned up the volume on the already loud sterio, and tried to imitate an air guitar. But it looks far from it.

Alfred looks ridiculous! His stupid cowlick bobs up and down with his obnoxious head, and his tounge pokes out almost unpreceptably through his lips. God, it's disrespectful! How annoying can this guy be?

The thrumming music is causing a headache to form in the front of my skull. I can't take it any longer. I shut the damn music off.

"Hey dude! Thats my song!" Alfred was whining again.

God is he annoying when he whines!

"Too bad. You've said that the last fifteen songs." I rub my left temple and try to focus on the road.

I read a sign the says my exit is in about five miles. That meant only thirty more minutes of this agony.

Then I can leash him like a dog to my front door and leave him outside to freeze! That would be nice.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Alfred cross his arms and sit back in his chair, obviously pouting.

"Look, we will be home in dirty minutes. I'm getting a headache, so I just want some peace and quiet! Is dat too much to ask for?" Why do I feel the need to explain myself?

Alfred features soften a bit, and he let's his arms fall to his sides. "Sorry bro. I didn't know you weren't feeling well. But can we still listen to something quiet? You can choose the station! I just can't sit still," I then noticed his figures drumming on the door of the car, "and music helps!"

I sigh, and turn on my classical station on the radio. It's on soft, and it actually helps sooth my headache.

Alfred tries to quietly hum along, but he is a half beat off. I do my best to ignore him as I pull off the highway onto a baren stretch of road. The further we get from the highway, the more dense the trees surrounding us get. I take multiple turns onto different roads, burying us further into the woods.

Anyone stuck out here and not know where they are going would be sure to die. Even if they did follow the roads. They would be lost just enough that they would slowly, and painfully, freeze to death.

The silence spans between us, and I'm suddenly aware of it. The music still played, but Alfred no longer tries humming along. I look over at him and see a look of awe and wonderment all across his childish face. He kept looking side to side, then to the front window, rear window, and side to side again.