Chapter Twenty One ~ America

I'm so bored! Isn't there anything to do?

I pace back and forth in my room, between my bed and window. We had just finished our lunch of some Russian dish.

It took Ivan long enough to decide what to make, as I couldn't really suggest anything. It was a pleasant enough lunch, but afterwards the Russian asked if I would stay in my room for a while.

And now I have nothing to do. It has only been ten minutes since I was sent to my room. I sit on my bed, sighing loudly.

It's been a crazy past few days. I want to forget parts, and I probably will, it will just take some time. I look over to the dresser and see my flower laying on top of my clean bomber jacket, tee, and pants. I've just been wearing Ivan's clothes for a few days. I don't mind though, it's easy to be lazy in a pair of sweatpants.

I notice the flower is wilting a bit and I almost wish the snow would melt faster. Almost. Ever since Ivan and I shared our feelings, just minutes prior, and finally accepted eachother, just hours prior, I've been telling the snow to take its time melting.

I don't mind having an excuse to spend the next few weeks with Ivan. And by the sounds of it, he doesn't mind either.

So why did he send me to my room?

I sigh again, thinking about the past few days. I came to this house fearing Ivan, thinking I was saving Japan and proving my strength to the others. But who knew Ivan would be the one to finally understand me?

I don't have to prove my strength to him, he already knows I am strong. I don't have to tell him I'm not a child, he understands I'm just learning still. I won't be judged here, or scolded, or scoffed at, or get disappointed scowls pointer in my direction.

I'll only receive Ivan's love, and I can't ask or want for more. Who knew the man I thought I fear would be my lover?

It all seemed to happen so quickly too. But when Ivan said I didn't bother him, he understood, all my fear and previous thoughts of him vanished. All I saw was someone I could start over with, someone who would understand me.

And I want to spend time with him but he has sent me to my room! Like a child! What the hell? I sigh once more, perhaps he has a reason. But it better be a good one.

I stand up once more and pace my room again. What is there to do? I could read, but I've already read all the good books. There weren't many. And a lot of them are in Russian so I can't read them even if I want to.

While it may be a requirement to learn all languages, Russian was one I was never very fond of. So my Russian is very choppy.

Man, I want to go outside and build a snow fort. That would be awesome! A day or two prior, I asked Ivan if I could go outside. He said no, it's too cold outside.

So I am stuck inside till it warms up again. Thinking on it now, I realize Ivan's house is always warm. Even with the freezing snow trying to bury us alive. And I could only imagine how much snow is on top of the roof. How has it not collapsed yet?

Perhaps Ivan has serious insulation and heaters to keep the house warm, and he has something to keep the snow off the roof. His roof is very steep, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the snow just slipped off. And the roof did look like it was made of metal, when I saw it, so it must be strong.

I continue to let my thoughts drift, and after about three hours, I play with my brain teasers. The clinking relaxes me, and I have them memorized. My hands moving the prices are now just a well oiled machine.

It's evening time before Ivan comes for me, and by then I'm starved, bored, and irritated. He left me all by myself for hours with no food or water, nothing to do, and no where to go! Needless to say, I was antsy whe Ivan opened the door.

"Alfred?" I hear two knocks on the door and I rush to the door to open it, craving some social interaction.

Ivan stands in my doorway, a slight blush on his face, and there is something unusual about him. I can't quite figure it out so I let it go for the time being. It will come to me eventually.

"Hey dude! You know I was really bored this entire time, what were you doing?" I'm trying to stay irritated at him, but finally getting to see his face just makes me happy.

"Aahh sorry about dat. But dinner is ready." Ivan's smiles grows ever so slightly and he pulls his hands behind his back.

He seems nervous and jittery. "Cool bro! I was starving an hour ago!" I really was. I set my brain teaser on my dresser and follow Ivan into the dinning room.

I stop at the doorway, stunned at what I'm seeing. Did he really do all this?

A candle chandelier, similar to the one in the kitchen, hangs from the ceiling. I had noticed it prioir, but now the candles that hang from it are all lit. There is a faint vanilla smell in the air.

It really is beautiful. The table is decorated a little bit. There is still the plainly elegant wodden table, but in the middle is a vase of sunflowers.

Next to the flowers is a plate of hamburgers, and a pot of soup. So he really spent all this time trying to make a nice dinner?

This is an amazing reason. He stands next to me, shuffling his feet a bit and mumbles something about being bored and sorry if it's a bit much.

It really isn't much, but its more than enough to make me overjoyed! I can't help but smile as I hug him and thank him, I don't really know what else to do. No one has ever done something like this for me, and I'm just so happy.

I pull back, and, my hunger grabbing hold of me, I grab my plate, pile three hamburgers on it, and sit in my chair. I dig in, but I do my best to keep the mood by using some manners. Not that I have very many.

Ivan grabs his bowl, he assumed correctly in thinking I was going to eat burgers, he would eat the soup. He pours himself some soup, and he sits himself down to eat as well.

It's quiet while I eat my first burger, and when I finish it, and my hunger dies down a bit, I look at Ivan to try to figure out what it was that I couldn't figure out about him earlier.

His hair is the same as usual, just combed and laying around beautifully. His eyes are still a gorgeous violet, his shirt and pants still the similar attire that he and I wear everyday. And that's when I notice it.

He isn't wearing a scarf or gauze. His neck is completely bare, his scares open for me to see.

I decide not to say anything, I just smile down at my food and think of something to talk about. "Thank you for this awesome dinner dude! You didn't have to go to all the trouble just for me."

"I wanted to. I'm glad you like it. I hope de burgers are de way you like dem. It's my first time making dem." He blushes slightly, and stares at his soup taking another bite.

"They are amazing! Not as great as mine, no one can compete with mine, but I still love yours." I can feel my face heat up slightly and I hope Ivan doesn't notice.

He just smiles even more.

~AN~
*sighs* day two of boredom -_- and I have to go into work soon. Man, this next chapter I'm planning though is going to be so fluffly I'm going to suffocate xD so, hope you all enjoy, let me know what you think, and sweet dreams!
~Blü~

BTW:
Ivan = Russia
Alfred = America