Chapter Seven ~ America

"Well, welcome to my house Alfred." The tall Russian stands behind me as I turn in circles, amazed at the beautiful interior of the huge log cabin that Ivan calls home.

We must have entered the kitchen, because along the far wall sits a stainless steel fridge, oven, and dish washer, snuggled between greenish granite counters atop oak cabinets. In the middle of the room there is an island with matching counters, only sitting on gray rock cemented together that is outlined by the same oak wood. Six black stools surround the island, and above it hangs a big chandilier made of antlers and candles. Real candles too. They were not lit at the moment, but I was sure they would be beautiful when they were lit.

Along the wall with the oak door that leads to that garage are more cabinets and a stainless steel freezer. One of the side walls has a huge window, with the most elegant green curtains hanging to the side, held up by golden rungs. The curtains match the granite counters, and helped tie the room together. Along the other side wall is mostly nothing. It is just an opening in the wall that looks like it leads to a dinning room.

Two of the four walls, the one with the window and the one that leads to the garage, are made of that same oak wood as the outside of the house and cabinets. The other two walls are broken in half by a log of oak wood. The top half is painted the same green color as the curtains, while the bottom half is the same gray rock as the island.

It is a lot to take in all at once, and I'm so in awe of it that I don't even notice Ivan moving right away. But I do notice he opens the fridge when he asks me, "Would you like some ding to drink?"

"Do you have any soda pop?" I walk over to the island and sit on one of the comfy stools.

"Soda pop? No, I have milk, vodka, and de water." He grabs himself milk and vodka, then pours milk into a glass and adds some vodka to it.

"Oh thats cool dude. I'll just take some water if thats alright." Ivan complies and grabs me a glass of water from the tap and adds three ice cubes from the freezer part of the fridge.

Putting the milk and vodka away, he then walks over to me and hands me my water. I nod my thanks and take a sip, not actually thirsty.

God he is scary. Why is he staring at me? Is he trying to look into my soul and find my weaknesses? What should I say? What should I do? Oh man, I did not think this out at all! Maybe Arthur and Francis are right and I need to grow up. But what do they know? I'm already a great adult!

We sit there in silence for minutes. He sips his vodka milk, I, my water.

"So... You have a nice place bro!" I decide to try and start a conversation so my fears don't grasp the better of me.

"Aahh dank you. I built de house over many years with my own two hands. I'm glad you like it." He smiles, and it sends a shiver down my spine.

What a creepy-ass smile.

"You made it yourself? Dude, that's incredible!" I actually am a little amazed. It's a huge house.

"Dank you." A man of few words he is.

I look out the huge window, and notice it's already getting dark. "Woah is it normal to get dark already? It was just light outside! How am I supposed to get home in the dark?"

His gaze slowly follows mine. "Aaahhh I should have told you we don't get much light here in de winter. I will take you home tomorrow at first light. I have a spare bedroom you may sleep in if you wish."

My hands start to shake slightly, and I hide them under the counter. What if he tries to kill me in my sleep? No, I'm not scared. I can take him on! I will be the bigger man!

"Alright thats fine dude. Thanks for letting me stay!" I smile and try to be sencere about it.

But I'm very scared about staying.

~AN~
Hello :3 so, with me leaving tomorrow and not coming back for a few days, my goal is to finish chapter ten before I go. Then while I'm gone, I'll do my best to keep writing and have three to five chapters to add on Sunday or Monday! Hopefully it will work out. Let me know what you guys think, I love to chat ^~^ Thanks for reading and have sweet dreams!
~Blü~

BTW:
Ivan = Russia
Alfred = America