Chapter Twenty Three ~ America

It has been about a week since Ivan and I got together and confessed our love for each other. Honestly, there isn't really a whole lot to say about the week. Almost all the days consisted of relavtivly the same thing.

We would wake up, have breakfast, talk, have lunch, talk, maybe watch a movie or work out, have dinner, watch another movie or just cuddle while reading, and go to bed. Yes, we now sleep together regularly.

In all truth, I liked it. Sure it might have gotten boring at times, but it was nice to just relax and enjoy the small things in life.

Also, I've never realized how little I actually know about the other countries. When Ivan and I chatted, we usually talked about our pasts or our country and people. Ivan really is a nice and lovable guy. I don't see how I could have ever possible hated or feared him. But it helps knowing more about him.

Ivan is so nice, so gentle, I can't stand not being in his arms. I feel so safe and secure when he is holding me. Which is why I am letting him hold me now.

We are watching a movie, I don't know what it is because it's Russian, but I'm content just being with Ivan. I let out a sigh and smile at that thought.

"What is de matter?" Ivan leans me to the side, looking down slightly into my eyes. God, his beautifully violet eyes makes me melt.

I scoot closer into him, rest my head on his should, "Nothing, I'm just happy being here with you. It's so relaxing." I smile again and close my eyes, taking in Ivan's sweet scent.

"I'm happy here too." Ivan relaxes again, and runs his hand through my hair, careful to avoid my cowlick.

A thought comes to me as he says this, We hardly ever say I love you. I wonder why that is.

At this I do my best to muster up the courage to speak those amazing words, and they almost come out choked, but luckily Ivan doesn't seem to notice. "I love you Ivan."

He laughs, his chest vibrating against my back and he wraps his arms more tightly around me as he says, "I love you too Sunflower."

"Sunflower?" My face heats up a little at this, but I kind of like the name.

"Do you not like it? My favorite flower is a sunflower, I love sunflowers. And I love you so I dought it would fit well."

"No, no! I love I just wasn't expecting it. But I'm just going to call you love because I suck at names."

He laughs again, and just nuzzles his face into my neck. I turn around D and wrap my arms around his waist, burying my face in his shoulder.

We stay like this for many blissful moments, neither one of us wanting to let the other go. That is until we hear Ivan's phone ringing.

Hesitantly, we break apart, and I follow him into his study, still holding his hand. I'm cold with out him holding me.

"Hello dis is Ivan."

There is a pause, and I can't hear the person on the other end.

"Yeah he is here. Would you like to talk to him?"

Another pause.

"Here he is."

Ivan hands me the phone and I mouth Who?

Ivan mouths back something but I realize I suck at reading lips so I just grab the phone from his big hands and hold it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I don't really know what to say.