Chapter Twelve ~ Russia

"Alfred, open de door."

I could hear a slight movement behind the door, but it doesn't move. I sigh, growing slightly irritated.

Why will he not just open the door? I'm not going to do anything, I'm really not that scary! Well.... I guess I really did scare him last night... I'll apologize I guess.... But why do I care how he feels? He is just an annoying child anyways!

I'm torn between hating his childness and feeling guilty for scaring him. The guilt eventually wins me over, and I try to soften my voice to say, "Alfred, I'm not going to do anyding. Please, open de door." But it just sounds cold and emotionless.

When the door doesn't move, I reach up to force it open, and stop myself. That would just make matters worse.

"I'm sorry dude! I didn't mean to invade! I was just looking for you and I didn't mean anything!"

I laugh that he still calls me 'dude' even when I scare him so badly.

"Alfred, I'm not upset." I'm really trying.

"You're not?"

"No."

I can hear some movement. "Promise?"

I sigh, "Yes."

There is another movement sound, and slowly the door opens. Alfred is standing there, one hand on the door knob the other bunching up my sweat pants.

"Now, what was it you needed?" His eyes seem to linger on my now covered neck and I am a little embarrassed he saw me like that. Stop, I'm strong now, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Those marks are your strength.

"I... Was wondering...." He thinks for a moment, and he must have forgotten what he was going to say. "I forgot."

"Come with me." I begin to walk towards the kitchen, and I can hear his shuffling footsteps behind me.

Walking into the kitchen, I casually stroll to the window. "Look."

I point to the snow covered window, and he walks over to me, confused.

"Dude where did everything go?"

I laugh, "Everyding is still dere, but covered in snow. Touch de window."

His eyes widen in alarm, and the moment his bare skin touches the freezing window he yanks it back. "We... Are snowed in? Is the roof going to collapse? Are we going to starve? What if I can't go home for a few days! I have to go home! I forgot what it was but I just know I have something to do!"

The American actually looks extremely upset and worried. Do I feel bad for him? I suppose I do a bit, but I don't see why. Its Alfred's fault for wanting to come to my house in the first place.

"Ah don't worry. De snow should melt within a few weeks." I try comforting him, and it sounds good in my head, but it just sounds bad when it comes out.

Oops.

"Weeks? I can't wait weeks! Dude I can't wait that long! Whatever it was, I know it had to be done in days!" He begins pacing the floor, mumbling to himself.

I shrug, nothing I can do about it. "How about de breakfast?" I walk to the fridge, seeing what I have inside.

Alfred stops pacing and comes over to my side to also see what I have in the fridge. His arm brushes mine, and I feel that familiar pang in my chest, so I scoot over.

What the hell is this? Just ignore it. He is just a touchy, clingy child.

He examines the contents of the fridge, and asks, "Dude, like, do you have any non-Russian foods?"

I laugh, "No. I am Russian. I eat what my people eat. What kind of de question is dat?" I turn on the coffee pot again, deciding today is going to be long.

"Thats alright, I'll just have coffee I guess if thats cool with you bro." Alfred moves away from the fridge after closing it and sits at the island just like yesterday.

He seems even more skittish then usual though. Not only does Alfred swing his legs, his feet twitch and his fingers drum the counter. I do my best to ignore his repetitive movements, and wait for my coffee.

The pot beeps, and I poor myself another cup of vodka coffee.

I move out of the kitchen, leaving Alfred behind me, and walk into my living room to sit on the couch in front of my warm, crackling fire in the fancy gray rock fireplace. The scent of burning pine fills my senses, and I grab my book off the end table next to where I sit, and begin reading.

After a few minutes, I hear Alfred shuffle in, and he sits down in the sofa across from me. Looking up, I see he has a cup of coffee. He sits on the eedge of his seat, and grips the cup tightly. He seems nervous about something. Perhaps he does not feel comfortable as my guest yet.

Not my problem.

I go back to my book, and after a few moments, I am conscious of a tap tap taping, and I see it's Alfred's feet again. I try to focuse on the book, but I can't submerge myself with his constant moving.

God, why can't he sit still? He is such a child! I need to get rid of him...

"Is dere something wrong Alfred?" I decide to try to figure out what's wrong so I can fix it and get on with my reading.

His eyes jerk up to mine, his feet freeze, and his already straight back goes rigid.

"Sorry dude am I annoying you?"

Yes.

~AN~
Hello :D thanks for reading!!! Sorry if this was kind of a crappy way to cut off the chapter. I didn't really know how to end it, but I didn't want it too much longer. I also have something I want to do from Alfred's view soon, so that will be the next chapter. So, this is kind of the best spit to stop it for what I have planned I guess. Hopefully next chapter will be up in a few hours. Let me know what you think!
~Blü~

BTW:
Ivan = Russia
Alfred = America