Chapter Five ~ America

In my hast to get to Kiku's house, I accidently run into one of his fancy stone dragon statues in front of his house. It makes a huge crash sound, and I involuntarily flinch from it. Luckily, it didn't break, so I pick it up and set it back down on its pedestal, like it weighed a feather. I figure it really doesn't, but that just makes me feel proud of myself, that my training was paying off.

I run up the rest of the path to Kiku's traditional Japanese house and yell out "Sorry dude! I promise the statue is okay!"

I slow to a stop in front of his house, and Kiku walks out, a worried look plastered to his face.

"Its okay I promise!" I laugh, the look on his face priceless. "I didn't mean to freak you out sorry."

His face looks slightly relieved, and I feel bad for freaking him out.

"Herro Arfred-kun. I was not expecting you. Wourd you like to come in for some tea with Ivan-san and I?" His chocolate eyes are almost pleading me to come in, his black hair shinning in the sun light.

"Ivan is here? Oh cool dude! Yeah I'd love to hang out with you guys!" Kiku opens his door for me, and I walk in, taking off my shoes. I then follow Kiku to the back room where we usually hang out.

There I see a large man, facing away from me, with a brown scarf sitting at Kiku's small table drinking his tea.

"Ivan bro! What's up? Long time no see!" I'm a little happy to see Ivan again, to make sure that everything is now good between us, but he still gives me the creeps. Not that I'll ever let him know that. So, I plaster a smile on my face and sit down across from him as Kiku leaves the room, presumably to make me a cup of tea.

"Oh hello there Alfred. I did not know would be visiting Kiku today" His smile seems genuine enough, and I figure all is good between us now.

Or he is faking it to be the bigger man. But I won't let him show me up! He doesn't scare me one bit! I think this, and psyche myself up for hanging out with Ivan and Kiku.

"Yeah, well, my boss unexpectedly gave me the day off today, so I decided to give some of my friends a surprise visit." I pull out a metal brain teaser and fiddle with it to keep me occupied as I mummbke under my breath "But Kiku is the first one to actually let me in his house." I sigh, and continue fiddling with the brain teaser, its small clink clinking noises comforting me.

"Aaahhh dat's nice."

That's all he has to say? What's really going on in his head? I'm sure he is planning some sort if attack right now, as I think. But I won't let my gaurd down! I could take him on no problem! I need to face my fears like a hero! Not cower before them!

"Yeah..." Is all I reply. The silence stretches between us, as thick as Mathew's famous maple syrup.

The second drag into minutes, neither one of us saying anything. That is, until Kiku walks back in with a fresh cup of tea for me.

Handing it to me he says, "Here you go Arfred-san."

Didn't he call me Alfred-kun earlier? That damn Ivan must really scare him. I'll show him...

I put away my brain teaser, "Thanks dude! You're mighty kind to let me hang out with you guys!"

"Oh, it's nothing at arr. I'm happy to have you two over." Kiku smiles at us both.

"Please excuse me while I use de restroom." Ivan stands up and leaves the room.

I wait a minute and say to Kiku, "Woah dude! I didn't know you hung out with Ivan!"

"Werrrrr.... I typicarry don't. But he carred, and sounded a bit ronery, that I let him come over..." He bows his head as if he regrets telling Ivan he was free.

"No worries dude! I got your back! Hey and thanks for actually letting me come in! That damn Brit and Francis didn't let me in their houses for two seconds! I don't know what I've done to deserve it..."

Kiku is silent, and it looks like he is contemplating what to say next. But before he has the chance, Ivan walks in again.

"I dank you kindly for de tea Kiku. But dere is a storm coming to my home, and I need to be dere to make sure everyding stays safe. I will see you again soon."

He waves us goodbye, and as he starts to leave for the front hall, I don't think and jump up from where I'm sitting.

I bet he is planning to make us think he is leaving when in fact he is just planning to attack us! Well I'll show him! I'll out-smart him in his own game!

"I-Ivan? May I come with you? As I said, I have the day to myself, and I've never been to your place before! I don't want to intrude, but I think it would be nice for you and I to catch up on some things..."

I trail off, hoping I don't sound rediculous and he'll let me come with. If he let's me come, then Kiku will be safe. But if he doesn't let me, then that just proves that he wants to attack us!

"Are you sure? I said dere is a storm coming, it could be dangerous." He seems hesitant to let me tag along, which shows that he has something up his sleeve. All the more reason to follow him. Keep your friends close and enemies closer. So said someone a long time ago I guess.

"Well.... I also want to make sure you will be alright and safe..." Pleeeeaase let me go with you! I have to face my fears and prove that I'm the bigger man!

"Aaaahhhh... I suppose if you are willing to take ee chance.... I'll let you visit my place. But... I still think it would be best if you visited another time."

I mentally celebrate and practically yelled "Alright dude! Thats settled! Thanks for having me over Kiku-bro! Let's go Ivan!"

I walk infront of the slightly taller man, and grab my shoes.

Ivan is a dark shadow that follows close behind.

~AN~
Thanks for reading :D I hope you all enjoy! And for those who care, I'll be gone at a seminar Thursday through Sunday, so there proabaly won't be many updates the next few days. Sorry! I'll be sure to update a lot though when I get back! Hope you all have sweet dreams!
~Blü~

BTW:
Kiku = Japan
Alfred = America
Ivan = Russia