Chapter Fifteen ~ America

Sore.

That is how I have felt the past three days. All because of that damn Russian.

Not to mention I just found out there was a hurricane that killed 1,833 of my people. And because I'm not there to help, my office is falling way behind!

I need to be there helping my people! And instead I'm stuck here with this damn Russian bastard! Why the hell did I come here in the first place?

"Mr. Jones?" The voice on the phone cuts into my thoughts like a knife.

"Yes?"

"Ah good you are still with me. Like I was saying, we called England for you, and while he is not happy, he understands."

"Good. Did you notify Mathew as well?"

"Ah who sir?"

I sigh, "Canada." Jeez, why can't they learn the human names? I can't stand calling other countries by their country names. They are human too. Well... Kind of.

"Ah, no sir. We will do that right away. And what would you like done with papers sir?"

"If they just need to be read and signed, read it, take notes on it for me, sign it with the stamp, and send it on its way. I'll read the notes when I return. If I have to make a decision on it, put it to the side, and I'll deal with it when I get home." If I get home...

"Thank you sir."

"Is that all?"

"As of right now sir."

"Good. I'll try to call you again in a few days. Thank you for your hard work."

"Yes sir. Thank you sir."

I hear the human hang up the phone, and the beeping tone afterwards fills me with emptiness. Can you even be filled with emptiness? But that is all I feel right now... I want to go home, I want to see my people, help them, talk to them, eat with them! I want to see Mathew and Arthur, I want to see my friends, deliver that flower, take a stroll down navy pier, hike the Rocky Mountains, surf the Californian waves, watch a movie! I want to go home! This damn snow will be the death of me, I just know it.

I do my best to shake away the feeling of being homesick as I walk out of Ivan's study. Ivan stands at the window, looking at the snow, and I can't help but notice that he almost looks homesick too.