Meet the family

(This really my man, not yall)

Yn and Oakley were getting ready to go to yn dad's barbecue. This was Oakley's first time meeting her dad and his first time at a black cookout. Yn was a little bit afraid her dad wouldn't like Oakley because Yn would date black men but Oakley isn't.

Oakley freaking out because he didn't know what to wear and he wanted to impress yn dad. Yn realized his static behavior and told him it would be fine. "Babe relax we're just going for some minutes and then we're leaving" Oakley found an outfit. Finally. He had on his decathlon tracksuit and some Jordan 4's. Yn had a relaxed fit. She's wearing swamp green cargo pants with a white shirt and Jordan 4's as well.

The couple had everything on and was set to go. Yn gave the dogs some food and water. Oakley came downstairs looking at yn choice of clothes.

Yn came walking over to Oakley grabbing his arms." Babe you can't go around my family looking ashy. Use shea butter babes" Yn finished rubbing the shea butter on Oakley.

Oakley grabbed his phone and car keys from the island and yn and him headed out the door. Oakley looked at the door behind them and walked to his car.

                         ......

Yn knocked on her father's door waiting for him to answer. Instead of yn dad, it was yn mom. Yn's mom gave her a big hug and gave Oakley one as well.
" oh, my baby is getting big" yn mom closed the door after them. Yn walked around the house with Oakley hearing music outside. Oakley held yn hands because he didn't know where he was going.

Yn let go of Oakley's hand" Babe I'm going to the bathroom I'll be right back." Yn told her boyfriend before walking into the bathroom and closing it. Oakley stood there confused with his hand on his kneck. It's not until yn dad came in the house with an apron on and a tong.

Yn dad looked at Oakley and gave him a nod before taking off his apron. Yn dad made his way to Oakley. Oakley was shitting bricks." Wassup son. You must be Oakley?." Kingston pulled out his hand to shake Oakley's.

Oakley shook his hand grinning. " uh yeah. It's nice to meet you, yn tells me a lot about you and your cooking skills." Kingston folded his arms nodding.
" yup, my food is one of the best. Enough of that, you better be treating my daughter right" his voice tamed at Oakley.

" sir I promise I'm taking excellent care of her. She's a wonderful woman." ( I take very good care of her in bed too) Oakley thought. Oakley and Kingston continued talking. Kingston took Oakley outside with the rest of the family. Everyone warming up to oakley especially the kids.

Yn finished out the bathroom flushing the toilet and washing her hands. She walked out of the bathroom seeing Oakley was nowhere to be found. Yn walked to the backyard being greeted by family members. "Hey everybody. I haven't seen yall in a while. " she hugged everyone that came her way.

She took a seat next to her aunt and mom." Hey auntie" she smiled at yn. Yn and her mother talked about whatever.

"Baby I didn't know you liked em white" yn covering her mother's mouth as she said it too loud. Oakley looked over at her with a scrunched brow.
Yn let go" Mama stop saying stop like that and yes I like em white. He's a good man and I really love him so please stop that" yn scolded her mother. Yn got up walking to Oakley and her dad talking by the grill. Yn rested her head on Oakley's arm and one hand on his torso.

"Daddy, when are the ribs going to be done? I'm hungry " she groan. Oakley laughed at her.  Kingston closed the grill so the meat could cook." Just wait a few minutes and they'll be done. Babygirl I like this one. He is not to ghetto. " Kingston pointed to oakley" dad!!" Kingston though his head back laughing. Oakley just smiled because there was nothing else to do.

Minutes later the food was done and it was time to eat. Oakley and yn were the first at the table. Oakley got macaroni pie, oaktail, ribs, and white rice with black beans. Yn got the same, she picked up a Sprite and a Corona out of the cooler for her and Oakley.

Oakley was tearing up his plate. He was eating the ribs down to the last bone." Hm babe I think I need to come here more" his mouth was stuff he barely could talk. Yn finished her food, and she threw her plate in the garbage. Yn pulled her phone out taking embarrassing pics of Oakley. Him not caring because the food was too good.

"See I knew my dad would like you. You were being a wuss that he wouldn't like you" Yn rubs Oakley's leg. He wiped his hands with a napkin.

"Well now I'm his favorite so watch out" oakley told yn in a smart tone. Yn balled up her face to find out who he was talking to.

At the end of the day, the two had fun and Oakley was happy her dad liked him. Oakley and yn left with leftovers. Oakley with 4 plates of food. The couple settled in their hug giving each other bear hugs. Two are in bed falling into a slumber.

"I think we should have a baby now that I meant your parents," Oakley said snuggling in the crock of yn kneck.

"Oakley shut the fuck and go to sleep." Yn was not up for the antics because she was tired

Author note: y I have so many drafts I want to post but this school is getting in the way. Imma be posting every day after school. I hope yall liked it

Vote and comment, please