|06|: Altered/ تبدیل

After two weeks

After two weeks

The wind whooshed as it waved the curtains. Send them flying in directions. The weather was not that cold or hot. It was a mild combination of chills and sweat. The sky was painted in the light shade of blue as it just moved past the time of dawn prayer.

Subhan folded the prayer mat after making his Dua. Placing the prayer mat back on its place, he hopped in the shower. The chilled cold water trailed down his back, washing away any specks of sleepiness.

The Subhan that only woke up after the sun rose was taking a shower in the early hours of morning.

Closing the shower head, he draped a towel around his waist and came out of the shower. Taking out his clothes for a jog, he changed into them and grabbed his car keys. As he descended the stairs, he was only greeted with silence and darkness. No one wakes up at six in the Haveli except Rehmat Bibi. He made a turn for her room and peeked inside the open door. There sat his grandmother engrossed in the Holy Quran recitation. He chose not to disturb her and left the premises of the house.
~~~~~~~

He ran and ran. Sweat accumulated at his back creating a big patch on his shirt from the back yet he continued with his running not once stopping for a little break. These days he likes to stay busy.

As busy as possible.

He doesn't like to sit idle anymore. He wants his mind engaged in many things at a time. He doesn't want to take a break. He can't sit and dwell in his thoughts. No matter how much he feels tired. He is his family's only strong pillar now.

His brother was the best person in the world and to acknowledge the fact that he......

He shook away his head as to stop the thought from coming. Killing it even before it was formed. He suddenly stopped. Breaths ragged and sweat trailing down every inch of his body. He sat down on the ground and took a hefty amount of air into his lungs. Taking a small glance at his watch, he headed back home. It's close to seven. The lawyer will be coming at eight to precise. He has to be home before it.
~~~~~~~~

Jogging his way back home. He reached after a small run of fifteen minutes. The house was bustling with little chitter chatter. It was good seeing a little life. The people of the Haveli had been quiet since fourteen days. Nothing is the same. Everything is different. The usual morning banter is not followed anymore. No teasings or quiet remarks are passed down. Just quiet forced expression mask everyone faces.

Everyone is just dealing with the fact that nothing will be the same anymore. It's sad. It's depressing and it's unfair. But life is all about it. It's not a bed of roses no matter how much you strongly wish for it to be. You either live through it or you don't. There's no in between. Either this or that. End of story.