|17|: Nikkah/نکاح

دو بول کیا کہے، زنگی کا نقشا ہی مانو تبدیل ہوگیا۔۔۔۔

She stared at him. Not blinking, not asking anything. Just stared at him like he has grown two heads. She couldn't comprehend what he just said. Was it real? Am I dreaming? She thought. Wondering if it's her mind playing a sick game or did he really ask her that while standing outside her house after threatening a guy with his career. What went through his head before asking this question.

"Are you out of your mind?"

She finally said after she got a hold of her floating senses.

"Sorry that came out wrong. Let's talk inside."

She heard him say. He invited himself in and she heard him taking a deep inhale. Closing the door, she walked towards him. He was standing in the middle of the room occupying more than enough space due to his huge built and form.

"Is Bua Ji in her room?"

He asked the quiet girl standing a mere two distance away from him. Looking at him with confusion and wonder.

What in the actual hell, Subhan! Was that necessary?

He scolded himself. During the entire day, never once he thought he would be asking Safa to marry him out of all people.

Really am I sick in my brain?
What the hell!

He quickly snapped out of his mind when he saw her shifting uncomfortably on her spot as he was so busy talking to himself. He cleared his throat and said

"Let's sit." Occupying the couch, they both sat silently. None of them initiated the conversation which needed to be done. This was a mess. But it has to happen. One way or another.

So here goes....

"You know about the article that's been circulating on the media for a while now. It's been taken care of, so no worries over that. But this has left a burning mark on my reputation and company's name. You see."

Safa listened to him quietly. She was angry at first when he asked her that question. But something about him explaining himself to her, a mere no one, trapped her in to listen to whatever he's got to say. Whether she agrees or not. So she listened.

"I have to do anything to save our company. My brother's company. I have a solution, but I need your help."

"You want me to marry you to help solve this issue."

She concluded seeming how hesitant he looked. She has never seen him hesitant. Angry at some point, but never hesitant. This must be very uncomfortable for him too.

"It's not only that. You see how you were almost harassed by the reporter. They will not stop now especially since they know now where you live. It's not safe here anymore."