|36|: Shattered/ پاش پاش

ایک وفا کو پانے کی کوشش میں
زخمی ہوتی ہے وفائیں کتنی
کتنا معصوم سا لگتا ہے لفظ محبت
اور اس لفظ سے ملتی ہے سزائیں کتنی

Feeling a tingling sensation on his cheek, he laid still enjoying the feel of the touch. It was feathery. Almost as if the person wants to keep it a secret. He was well aware of the touch, but chose to savour in it. The touch trailed down from his cheeks to his throat and then to his arms. He sucked in a breath, not wanting to show he was awake, he turned his body to the right and draped his arm over his wife's petite waist. The touch stopped momentarily before beginning again. Slowly her hands glided into his scalp and fingers started running in those dark thick strands. The sensation and peace was otherworldly and it has him yearning for more. Snuggling in her neck, he accepted defeat and finally opened his eyes.

Bright mischievous eyes gazed at him and immediately a smile conquered his face.

"Good morning." His voice came out hoarse. His wife beamed at him while still playing with his strands.

"What's got you in a mood early morning?"

He asked. It was a breath of fresh air to finally see her smile. It was like she was blooming. Like she regained her strength.

"I just woke up like this." She replied to his earlier question. He hummed before snuggling to her side again.

"You're so warm." He muttered, inching closer, he squashed her to his chest, not leaving an inch's gap.

"We should get up. It's already nine thirty." He groaned and looked up at her

"You ruined the romantic moment."

He grumbled before placing a kiss on her cheek. She chuckled and he did it again and again until she was a laughing mess. He stopped and just listened to her laugh. It was so joyous. Like she was carefree and nothing in the world could ever disturb her. She looked happy and darn if he wasn't enchanted.

"You are so beautiful." Instantly her cheeks caught tinge of red and he had this sudden urge to pinch them, so he did earning a hearty chuckle from her.

"Stop it, you caveman." He grinned before finally letting go of her. She sat up straighter and started to look for her claw clip when she felt his fingers running through her strands.

"Let them be."

The man is obsessed with her hair.

She let her hair fall on her back and they reached her mid waist. Satisfied, he turned and head in the direction of the bathroom. As soon as he was out of sight, her smile wiped off her lips and the reality dawned upon her.

Tonight.

She'll tell him everything. From beginning to end. She'll come clean. She won't hide it anymore. It's his right and her duty to tell him the truth. He deserves to know what happened. She is finally ready.

She is scared. Of course, she is terrified of his reaction. She's praying constantly for him. For them. For thier marriage because tonight might either be her victory or her doom. She'll either bloom or crumble away. But she doesn't care about her. What matters is that he'll find closure. He'll know his brother didn't die in vain and that something happened. Its up to him to hate her or keep on loving her. He'll decide on his own whether to forgive her or punish her. She'll be ready for any kind of punishment. But God knows she wishes he'll find somewhere in him to forgive her. To look past her secret and still love her. She's asking for too much, but she prays and wishes that tonight may go well. That not everything ends shattered and broken. That they'll grow and rise and not destroy and perish.