|23|: Acceptance/قبولیت

"You need any help?"

Subhan's movements halted as he heard her voice. Turning around to face her, he found her standing there with a small bag in her hands. She walked towards him with small steps. Stoping at an arm's distance, she forwarded the bag to him. He took it from her hand having no idea what the contents inside were.

"They're medicines. Just in case, you know."

She must have saw the confused expressions on his face as she told him that. He smiled and placed the small bag along with his other things and zipped up his duffel bag.

"I'll be fine. It's just two days. Besides, I'm not a kid who'll get sick of minor weather change."

She shrugged and settled onto the bed. She opened his bag and saw that he has literally stuffed clothes in his bag. They weren't even folded properly. Glancing at him, she saw him rubbing his neck out of embarrassment. His eyes goofy and smile cheeky. She poured the contents of bag onto the bed and started to keep his clothes again.

This time with perfection.

He sauntered over to the small bed side table and took out his tickets. His flight will be taking off in three hours. He heard the zipping sound and turned around and there was his bag now in its proper shape. Before it looked like a balloon which was filled with extra air.

"Thank you."

She smiled at him. After last night's incident, both have grown closer to each other somehow. Its a very little change. But it's there. She's not always nervous around him anymore. Sometimes the reality of their marriage comes to haunt her, but she has learnt to live in the moment. The consequences be damned.

"Let's head downstairs for lunch."

She nodded and followed him. They greeted everyone at the table and took their seats.

"When will you be leaving, beta?"

Owais asked his son. It felt so good to see his son finally taking up his responsibilities with his own will. Hammad was right. He always used to say that all his little brother needed was time and he'll eventually fall into his role. Now looking at him today, he can see he was right. His little brother took his role naturally and is being very good at it.

He just wished he was here to see him. He must have been so proud of him.

"I'll be leaving after having lunch. It's better to go early than late."

That was such a typical Pakistani thing to say.

"Have a safe flight, Beta."

He heard his grandmother speak. He nodded. After losing her one grandson, Rehmat Bibi has grown sensitive of her remaining family members. She wishes nothing but only happiness for them. Giving a reassuring nod to his grandmother after seeing her lost in thoughts, he began eating.
~~~~~~~~

"I'll be leaving now. All the important files have been signed by me. If anything comes up, just give me a call."

He said into the phone as Altamash bobbed his head on the other hand.

"Roger that. Have a safe flight, buddy."

He nodded as if though he can see him through the opaque device. Disconnecting the call he made sure had packed everything he'll need.

"You forget to keep this."

He turned around at the intrusion and found his wife leaning against the wooden door holding his phone's charger in one hand. An amused smile crossed his features as he folded his arms across his chest.