|29|: Upset/ناراضگی

Subhan felt movements beside him. He heard very hushed whimpers. His eyes opened due to the sound and he hissed as pain went through his shoulder. Ignoring it, he turned his neck to find his wife curled up while her back faced him. At first he didn't make out the sound, but then he saw her figure shaking. It was difficult looking at it in the dark, but he opened a night lamp and that's when he clearly saw her shaking figure. He immediately sat up ignoring the sharp bout of pain running through his system. Gently shaking her, he said

"Safa wake up. What happened?"

He wiped the tears that left her eyes while she clutched the blanket in a tight grip.

"No. Please....stop."

She mumbled again making his worry to intensify. He acted faster and pulled her body towards him. She instantly curled up to him while fisting his shirt in a tight grip. Her tears were still flowing acting like daggers to his heart. He wiped them again while running his fingers gently through her hair.

"You're fine. It's only a dream. Shhh, baby."

"Stop...leave. no, no, no."

He kissed the top of her head desperate for her to calm down. What felt like hours to him, were only a few minutes that took her to relax in his arms and her breathing returned to normal. His hand never stopped caressing her hair while he adjusted beside her. She was cocooned in his side, burying her face in his chest. Pulling her closer, he wrapped one arm around her waist.

He only stretched a little to turn the lights off when he felt her hand tightening around him. He squeezed her hand that was around his waist and kissed her forehead. A sigh escaped her lips as if she felt him. He laid back down. His shoulder was paining due to the weight of her body, but he ignored it. She slept soundly again, but sleep to him was a foreign topic. His mind drifted to all sorts of directions. He never knew she had nightmares or maybe it's first one, but still it worried him. He has never ever seen her vulnerable. She always has this feisty nature toward him. Before when they weren't even married, she always stood up to him. Bravery and courage radiated off her, but he never knew she was battling her own fight. He glanced at her features. She looked relaxed now. Running a gentle hand through her face, he caressed her soft cheeks.

"What happened to you Safa?"

He asked. Knowing very well that she won't tell him. But he will find answers. Of his brother's accident and what happened to his wife. It's only a matter of time when.
~~~~~~~~~~

The shrill ring of the phone was what broke Subhan's slumber. Squinting his eyes open, he grabbed his phone from the night stand. Sliding the green button, he placed the phone on his ear

"Morning. How are you feeling now?"

His best friend's voice came through the device and Subhan sat up while taking the support of the headrest.

"Better. Thanks for asking."

He heard a grumble of annoyance. A sly smirk marred his lips at the lack of emotions shown by his one and only friend.

"Save the pleasantries for later. There's a meeting with Mr. Waleed today. I'll manage it if you need a day to rest."

Concern lept out of his words at end. They have been friends for so long they can't even remember when they first met. No matter how much of a douchebag Altamash pretends to be, he knows he can count on Subhan. That's how strong their bond is. Like brothers.

"No I'll come."

He only received a dejected sigh as his goodbye. Throwing the phone back on the bed, he glanced sideways but didn't find his wife. She must be awake. Glancing at the clock, he stood up from the bed and made his way to the bathroom. Taking a nice long warm shower to relax his stiff muscles, he came out. Changing into a dark blue shirt with coffee pants, he exited the closet while rolling his sleeves up his arm.