|47|: Justice/اِنصاف

Safa glanced at herself in the mirror as she draped a shawl over her shoulders. The temperature has dropped to minus and she was feeling cold. It's been three days since she's been discharged. Her skin has gained its original pale yellow colour. Her eyes finally looked brighter. Her hairs were wrapped in a low bun. She doesn't feel pain much nowadays. It's reduced to bare minimum. But she still feels tremors of it suddenly. Especially in the night. It gets harder to lay in one position, but she's managing.

But the thing she's most thankful for is the support she gets from her husband. Never in her worst days has he ever taunted her or scold her. Not even a frown has etched between his eyebrows no matter how many times she wakes him up in the dead of the night due to her whimpers or cries. He deals with her with the gentleness of a child. That's what's keeps her motivations up. He's sacrificing each day for her. He's been working from home ever since she's been hospitalized. He's proved to the best of all. And she can't let him down.

"What's got you smiling like that?"

A figure stood behind her in the mirror before arms wrapped around her middle and she felt the heat of his body penetrating into hers providing her with warmth. In the flush of December, he was her flannel cure.

"I was thinking." She mumbled softly. She didn't even know she was smiling until he pointed that out. She's been so lost in her dreamland to notice it.

"You're ready for today?"

She heard his question loud and clear. She heaved a deep sigh. Today is one of the hardest days of her life. But no matter how hard it is, she'll face it head on. She'll finally see her tormentor, her criminal going behind the bars today. The one who almost snatched her life without even her consent. He had no right to do that. He wasn't her dictator. He was a criminal. A vile, malicious man. Today is hardest. But it'll be the best day of her life too. Facing her husband with a brave stance, she determinedly replied

"I am." Her admissions brought an appreciative smile over his lips. Taking her hands in his, he pressed kisses to her knuckles.

"I'm proud of you. Always know that."

She gave him one of her megawatt smiles that snatched the breath from his lungs. He was addicted to her. It was a good addiction. She was his solace. Everything he's ever desired off. Breaking away from his arms, she walked to the door slowly. Her movements still haven't been normal as doctors advised to take care.

"Let's go. We'll be late otherwise."

He walked up to her and interlaced thier hands before opening the door for her. A smile took over her lips at his extra care. At the end of stairs, her brother and mother stood. They were going with her too. Hamza wanted to see that monster before his eyes. He can't kill him, but he can still enjoy in his misery and punishment. And he'll love every second of it.

Everyone settled inside the car and Subhan drove them to the court. Outside the court, Altamash and Subhan's family were waiting for them. Subhan helped Safa getting out of the car and walked with her. Safa's step faltered when her eyes fall down on a certain figure.

Zainab stood there along with Narmeen and Natalia. She appeared lifeless. Her eyes were trained on the court's door. A black shawl was covering her form. She has grown weaker and thinner. A lump formed in her throat at the mere sight of her. She's not the girl she once heard about. That girl was bursting with energy and charm. But the woman before her now, was anything but. She only looked like a shadow of her real self. Right now she looked so broken and faded. A tug on her hand made her look away from her and at her husband. He passed her a knowing look. His heart too broke up at the sight of his Bhabhi. But it was necessary. She had to be here. And she called him first. Telling him about his arrival. He was proud of his Bhabhi. She was facing the biggest pain of her life today. He just hopes she'll get her closure.