|32|: Event/تقریب

Safa dabbed the brush onto her cheeks one last time before putting it back on the stand

Safa dabbed the brush onto her cheeks one last time before putting it back on the stand. Running a brush through her hairs, she gave herself a once over in the mirror. She stood to her full height and let her gaze wash over her saree clad figure. Definitely the saree was like a perfect fit. It wasn't revealing and just the right amount of modest. Her dark eye makeup contrasted with the dark red colour. Glancing at the clock, she sighed. Nerves took over her form as the thought of going out in public for the first time as Subhan Durrani's wife came in her mind. He decided it was the best time to finally have her introduced to the world. Of course, he promised her privacy but the fear was still there. She couldn't say no to him after he asked her.

She placed her phone and some other essentials in her small hand clutch and waited for her husband to come home. He went to the company after dropping all of them home. Again the mall incident played in her mind. She stood up and opened the bed side drawer. Taking out the still wrapped silver bangles, she was about to throw it away when the door to her room jarred open. She gasped and turned around. There stood her husband with some files in his hands. His hair were messy as always.

"That would go well with your outfit."

She heard his velvety voice and let her eyes dart to those bangles. She shook her head and said

"I was throwing these away."

"Why?" He asked while closing the distance between them. Her tongue tied and she made the first excuse that came in her mind

"They're not my style. Plus they're itchy. I've worn them once."

He nodded while wrapping a tendril of her hair in his fingers. Her grip on those bangles tightened. She still wasn't close to his intimacy. The way he engulfs her whole. Conquering her thoughts and messing with her sanity.

"You look beautiful."

She smiled and put a hand on his face.

"You should get ready too. We'll be late otherwise."

Nodding at her, he left her and went inside the washroom. She walked towards the dustbin in the room and threw the bangles away. She knew she said she'll return them, but there's no point interacting with that man again. It's best she gets rid of this right now.

It's for the best
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subhan came out from the room after dressing up into a three piece suit. His coat was left unbuttoned while his hair were gelled to perfection. His strong scent was invading the environment. Descending down the stairs, he saw all his family members standing by the door waiting for him. His wife was chatting with Mehreen. The two has grown a bond strong like sisters.