|27|: Wounded/زخمی

"I want you to keep me updated of everything. I want to be aware of each and everything. Make sure the damages turn out fine. Nothing could be out of order."

Subhan explained to the supervisor he hired specially for the supervision of the little renovation. The man was a bit young, but he possessed the traits needed for his job. He was trustworthy as Altamash suggested him. And he was suggest always the best.

"You'll get it, Sir. Anything else?"

The young man asked as he stood up collecting his files.

"That'll be all." Seeing the sign of dismissal, he left his cabin to start with his job.

Subhan sighed and pressed his temples. These two days have been hard. The constant banging noise of the hammer and drills added to his burning headache. Rubbing his temples, he convinced himself that it's for the best.

I miss you.

The words rang in his ear and a smile wired his lips. It was such a shocker to see that kind of message from his wife. He was here indulging himself in worry that his wife wasn't close with him, but the latter surprised him. He couldn't explain the euphoria he felt when he received that message. It was everything and more. It was scary that how much her one message holds power over him. He was elated. Delighted with the little change. And he wanted nothing, but to take that beauty in his arms. That's when the reality kicked him hard. He wasn't there with her. He was here, miles away from her. Out of her reach and that pained him. He wishes nothing, but to erase this distance between them. He has no idea what is happening with him, but there's something that changed. Something happened for the first time.

A crack.
A fragment.
A tiny seed.

That could only grow and convert into something gigantic. Something so out of the worldly context. That notion didn't scared him, in fact, he was looking forward to it. To the feeling of eternal bliss. It's been long since he has felt like that. And he'll be damned to let that one person go who brings calmness to his chaos.

"Just few more hours, Pheonix."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

The phone rang in his pocket and he took it out. Putting it on his ear, he spoke in the phone

"Is it done?"

"Your tickets are done for tomorrow noon."

Satisfied with the answer, he hang up after muttering a thanks to the man. He pocketed his phone and walked towards the shelter home. To meet everyone one last time. However, the tense expression on everyone's faces ticked a nerve.

"What happened?"

He asked loudly to silence the commotion. All the ladies turned toward him. Fear and worry etched onto their faces. They seemed on edge.

"Will someone tell me anything?"

He repeated his question when everyone stayed tight lipped.

"Mehr hasn't come back. She's been out for more than an hour now."

Finally a woman spoke, making him familiarize with the situation.

"She went alone?" Anger surfaced in those orbs when he received a silent nod from the same woman.

"How could you all let her go alone!"

All the faces down casted at his remark. They seemed guilty. A young girl missing for over an hour, its not something easy to let go off. He turned around and went toward the direction of the exit. Sitting in his car, he ignited the engine and scurried off to find her.