|Epilogue|:

Subhan knew something was up

Subhan knew something was up. As he slept soundly, he was constantly aware of the little whining sound coming from somewhere in the room. He was sleeping on his side. The weather had increased in Karachi. The mid summer air was cool but sweats beads still formed on his back and neck. Sleep has come to him after a very long time when he came back home after a tiring work day. His each muscle was aching for staying up late and not taking much rest. Fortunately, he was taking a week off. So whatever was disturbing his much needed slumber, he didn't pay any attention.

"Subhan." He felt someone poking his sides. He vividly heard his name being called, but he was so sleepy and tired that he only managed to let out a drowsy hmm.

"Sune na!"
(Listen!)

He again heard the same voice, but this time it was closer, like just beneath his ear. The whisper was hushed but enough to get into his sleepy mind.

"Hmm." The voice stopped before he heard something close to an....insult.

"Chorein. So jaye ap."
(Leave it. You just sleep)

Unfortunately, he replied with a hmm again and went back to his slumber causing an already fuming Safa to go red. Her eyes filled with tears as she cradled her nine months belly and padded down the stairs. She opened the refrigerator in search for strawberry ice cream. She was craving it so much. She even called him to buy one for her and he said he would. But as she searched for it, she couldn't find any. Fresh hot tears rolled down her eyes as she sat down on the chair. Her messy hair fell on her face curtaining her cheeks as she cried for her ice cream.

"What happened, Jaan?"

She sniffed loudly and deliberately wiped her tears harshly to show her husband how upset she is. That seemed to do the trick because in a second he was on his knees, wiping her tear streaks and cradling her face in his big palms.

"Why are you crying, Safa?"

His concerned voice made her stance falter. Right now, as she gazed at her husband, she could clearly make out the dark circles beneath his eyes and the exhausted look on his face. Guilt quickly took over her residing anger and she sniffed

"Nothing." She tried to stand up, but he was adamant to know the reason of her crying.

"Tell me. Is it hurting? Do we need to go to hospital?"

His tired voice broke her heart and another set of tears left her eyes. He panicked, not understanding the situation. She held his hand tightly and told him the real reason behind her crying rivers.

"You forgot to buy me ice cream."

She wiped her nose which was red. A relieved sigh left Subhan's lips. He was sure that something happened to her. Caressing her face, he told her

"I didn't forget, Phoenix. Wait."

Standing up, he opened the freezer part of the refrigerator and took out a pint of strawberry ice cream. Her eyes twinkled and she was suddenly excited to have a spoonful.
But her excitement extinguished quickly as he didn't hand the pint to her. She was sure he won't let her have it when he pulled a chair and sat in front of her before making a spoonful to feed her. A blush crept upon her cheeks at his antics. He looked at her blushing cheeks and deadpanned