|28|: Care/خیال

Safa descended the stairs after taking a nice long shower

Safa descended the stairs after taking a nice long shower. Besides the past days of cool air and mild chilly weather, these last September days came out very hot and humid. A nice long shower made her feel fresh as she reached the kitchen. She woke up a little late today due to her tossing and turning last night. The humid weather didn't let her sleep properly. She glanced at the clock as it read eleven in the morning. Walking toward the kitchen, she found Bahar and Mehreen talking to each other.

"Good Morning Bhabhi."

Before Safa could escape them, she heard her voice. Turning around, she greeted both of them with a small smile.

"Ah you look beautiful as ever."

Her cheeks coated pink as the compliment registered in her mind. She pushed a loose tendril of hair behind her ear. Muttering a small thank you to the girl grinning ear to ear to her, she asked.

"Is everyone done with the breakfast?" 

Mehreen nodded while Safa felt guilty of missing it. She cleared her throat and said to no one in particular.

"I'll make something for myself."

"Don't. I'll tell Bano to fix something up for you."

She heard the new voice. Craning her neck, she found Bahar smiling ever so softly at her. She nodded as she couldn't find it in her to reject her.

"Chalo Mehreen tayar ho jaldi se. Der hojayege tumhen."
(Go get ready, Mehreen. You'll be late)

Mehreen huffed at her mother and left after muttering

"Studies suck."

A chuckled vibrated through Safa as she witnessed the dramatic girl. No wonder, without her she would be bored out of her mind here.

"You go sit at the table. Bano will get you your food."

Bahar left the room after addressing her. Safa thanked her very softly when Bahar reached the threshold of the kitchen. Smiling softly at her, she left while Safa stood there. Something tells her that she won't be as disliked in this home.
~~~~~~~~~

Subhan entered his cabin only to find his best friend sitting casually at the sofa. His facial expressions turned from boring to stern in a nanosecond after he glanced at Subhan.

"What the hell?"

He muttered angrily. Sighing Subhan took his seat at his revolving chair. The notion caused him to hiss as his shoulder was still paining very much. Only God knows how he managed to convince the doctors to let him go.