|19|: Dawn/صبح

The light yellow sun rays peeked through the curtained windows disturbing the slumber of Subhan. His eyes twitched and a groan left his lips. Yawning he sat up on the small couch almost falling off due to the limited space. Running a hand over his face, he made notice of his surroundings. His eyes immediately darted to the bed on which a figure was sleeping. Everything came to him at once.

His Nikkah.
The incident in the living room
His mother's cruel words.

Everything came rushing back one piece at a time until the entire memory played like a movie in his mind. He gazed at her as she slept like a baby. Standing up from his spot, he walked toward her. Stopping just an inch away from the bed, he found her face buried in one of the cloudy pillows while her entire form was covered with a duvet. She looked like a little teddy bear sleeping in a giant's bed. He adjusted the cover on her mindlessly and moved away once he realized he was very close to her. Before his emotions could loose control, he made a trip for the bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~

Subhan panted as the run drained all his energy. He hasn't been to one because of his tight schedule, but today was one of those days where he needed some air to clear his mind. He wasn't that rowdy to rely on smoking or vaping stuff.

He is better than that.

He sat down on the porch on his house and breathed in the fresh air. The air was cool and minty. The blue sky was clearer and there was a different kind of calmness to it. He relished in it. Closing his eyes, he let the cool air drift away his worries for the day. Someone patted on his shoulder and he craned his neck to see his father looming over him.

"Baba?" He said in a question. His father was prone to waking up early, but he always spend his time reading a newspaper or a book. So it was a surprise to see him out here.

"I think we have to talk." He sat down next to him. Both of them stayed quiet. Subhan knew what he wanted to talk about. There is only one topic everyone wants to talk about.

His marriage.

"Is she the same Safa you told me about?"

He nodded. He knew his father would caught his lie, so there wasn't any reason to deny.

"How did it happen?" He asked. He wasn't judging, just wanted to know his real motive to marry that girl in the first place.

"Someone attacked her. Some photographer from a media company took her photos in her home. She respects her privacy. I wanted someone to help me with my issue. You can say it's a deal."

He concluded. No matter how many times, he told himself that's it's just a deal, his heart can't take it. He knew he can't be addressing something so pure as Nikkah as a mere deal. It's not a deal. It's a sacred bond between two strangers that is for eternity. For better and for worse.

"When I married your mother, we were a couple in love. That's the issue your mother and Irtiza fought upon. But as the time passed, we went from a loving couple to just taking care of our children. We lost ourselves between that journey."

Subhan never knew his parents marriage was based out of love. He thought it was a typical arrange marriage, but wow the reality was so much more.

"You both are perfect with each other."

His parents are a power couple. He remembers those days when his mother was taking care off the business along with him. They can't be not in love. He saw him taking care of her at every point in life.

"That's what we always wanted to show you all. You three kids are a best part of our life. We have already lost one when it was our time to leave this world. But it's Allah's plan."