|38|: Family/خاندان

Safa was busy packing her luggage. It was still the early hours. The sun was casting it's rays on the wooden floor creating a halo. Putting the last clothing item in her bag, she zipped up the bag and sighed. Her eyes darted everywhere in the room and she gazed at it. Almost like remembering each and every detail of the room. The way the beige curtains contrasted against the dark interior of the room. How the big lamps illuminated the entire room. She glanced at the bed which she shared with her husband. Sleeping in the cocoon of his arms. Drowning in the safety provided by his and only arms. The softness of his gaze, the leisure smile on his lips and those random touches and glances of love. She'll miss it all. Glancing at the almost empty closet, she took in a quivering breath. There is a great possiblity that she may never come back here again. And that thought alone terrifies her. Gutted her. Saddened her to no limit.

She felt emotional all over again, but she knew its of no use. Pulling the bag, she walked to the door when it opened. Came in her husband. He was dressed in a crisp white shirt with grey pants that took her breath away.

He's so handsome

She thought. Again it stung. She may never be able to look at him like that again.

"You're ready?" He asked as he entered inside the room and went in the closet. He stopped suddenly and turned around to look at her. Noticing a big bag, he asked

"You packed everything?"

There was surprise in his voice. She nodded and he cut the distance between them and asked

"Why?" She gulped and answered

"I...I may not be coming back...I mean."

She stopped and dropped her head. She can't bear to say it out loud. The pain is just too much. She felt his hand wrapping around her face before it was lifted up to meet his orbs. His dark eyes collided with her moist ones.

"You're not going anywhere." A sob broke through her lips before she composed herself and said

"But....." She was stopped by his finger on her lips. Pushing his head in her chest, he snuggled in her hair. He mumbled while running his hand up and down her back

"Shhh. Focus on meeting your family."

She nodded and pulled away. She wanted to ask if he has forgiven her, but decided not to. It will take a while before he'll learn to accept her secret. But whatever happens, his happiness will always matter first for her. Just like he always looks out for her, it's her turn now. To look out for him.

"Let's leave, hmm."

Nodding, he took her bag from her hands and descended down the stairs. Everyone was present at the table. They were aware of them leaving, so it didn't come as a surprise to see them leaving.

"We're leaving."

Murmurs of safe journey and take care erupted in the room before they left. He placed their bags in the back seat of the car and called Kamal Chacha to pick it up from the airport. She settled in the front seat and put her head at the back of the car seat. He took his place at the drivers seat and started the engine. The car moved at a moderate pace and in no time they reached the airport. After going through all the procedures, they finally boarded their flight. There was this nervous churning in her stomach. It was her first time boarding a plane and truly she was a ball of wrecked nerves. She felt a warm hand engulfing her cold one and she glanced sideways to see her husband leaning his shoulder to her. Without any argument, she accepted his warmth and placed her head on his shoulder.

The plane slowly took off in air and she clenched his hand harder. Digging her nails in his palm. Finally the plane took its pace and she finally let go of his hand. He dug in his shoulder bag and gave something to her. She gasped when she found a book. Looking in his eyes, she didn't find any trace of hate. Only concern and worry for her. Taking the book, her heart blossomed against her chest when she saw her bookmark still intact. Smiling truly in a long while, she started reading her book while he got busy on his phone replying to emails.
~~~~~~~~~~~~