|20|: Brut/تلخ

How the first day went in the Durrani's mansion for Safa was a mystery

How the first day went in the Durrani's mansion for Safa was a mystery. It was like nothing really happened. Like everything was as it was always before. She was happy for that. She didn't want to face the reality of her situation yet. It was cowardly. But that's what she has always been.

A coward.
Who runs away from her own mishaps and mistakes rather than owning up to them.

No one really acknowledged her except for Rehmat Bibi at the breakfast and Mehreen who was the most talkative to her. Everyone retired to their rooms afterward the breakfast and she just blended in the shadows. Relishing in the dark and ignorance.

She wants the same for today. Nothing beats the solitude of her thoughts. She wants everyone to forget about her. That'll be easy for her. No confrontions, no truths and no explanation. She'll be just a mere addition to their family. She'll be happy to be ignored. It makes her alive and calm.

Safa packed her bag for university. She has her exams today. Only she knows how she wrapped up all of the studies in a minimum period of time. Subhan wasn't present in the room. At least since she woke up. The couch was made, so he must be up way before her. She hummed and then sling her bag on her shoulder. Wrapping the shawl around her figure, she descended downstairs. The hall was empty as well as the kitchen. She heaved a sigh. She didn't want anyone to see her. She increased her speed and finally came out of the house. She looked here and there, but Kamal Chacha was not present like usual.

He must be removed from the job.

She thought. Of course, the house wouldn't want to take her the cars. Especially the way her mother in law was glaring at her, she knows its going be a hell lot of history between them.

"Penny for your thoughts, Phoenix."

She gasped at the sudden interruption. There stood Mr. Subhan Freaking Durrani in all his glory. Wearing a tight blue shirt with crisp pants with his sun glasses dangling from his chest. He looked like a model straight out of a magazine.

Shut up, Safa.

"Should I count a dollar now?" His amused voice reached her ears and she snapped out of her brain.

"I was waiting for...Kamal Chacha." She told. He nodded his head. She stood there for a while when he didn't say anything.

"He's not going to be here now."

She knew it.

It doesn't make her angry. It was his car and his driver. He has the right to withdrew it. Who is she to argue?

"Okay. I'll get going now." She said. She didn't want to be late for exam. She felt a touch on her elbow when she was walking out of the porch and stopped.

"Get in the car. I'll drop you from now on."

He stood so close her. His masculine scent messing with her bodily functions. The hand that grabbed her elbow was soft. Pillowy. She snapped out of it and refused