An End to the Beginning

The five - Chase, Jordyn, Rodalya, Omsya, and Selyce - stood on a pier.

"I have to leave," Rodalya stated.

"Selyce and I will come along," Omsya replied.

"What will you three do?" Jordyn asked.

"I have a dragon to raise and I guess a few extra pairs of hands will help," Rodalya replied.

"Will we ever see you again?" Chase asked.

"Depends on what we find out there." Omsya said.

Jordyn and Chase nodded. Omsya, Rodalya and Jordyn all hugged before the three had to leave. Rodalya turned into a dragon and let Omsya and Selyce climb on her back. The three took off and left Jordyn and Chase standing on the pier.

"What now?" Chase asked.

"Let's go exploring," Jordyn said smiling.

Chase smiled and turned around. Jordyn took one last look at the fading spot in the sky that was Rodalya and Omsya and Selyce, before turning away and following Chase.

Several months later, Rodalya returned to that pier. She found Jordyn and Chase sitting there similar to when she had left them.

"We've been waiting for your return," Chase said.

"Yeah, well. We need your help," Rodalya said.

Jordyn and Chase briefly glanced at each other before Jordyn grabbed her sword and Chase stood helping Jordyn up.

"Then let's go." Jordyn said, with anticipation.