Bad dream

ROSS'S POV :

I woke up and look at the time it's 3 am . Ughh! Why would i wake up at this time . I tried to fall back asleep but I couldn't. Something is wrong . My parenting sense is telling me that there is something wrong . I should go check on Rosie . I get up from my bed and i walked out the room . I heard quiet sobbing in the hallway . I found Rosie crying beside hers and Rydels room door with her head between her knees . .

"Shortie?" I walked to her . She flinched when she heard me .

I knelt down in front of her and i hold her shoulder . She quickly looked up . When she saw that it's me she quickly hugged my neck and cried harder . I hugged back and start rubbing her back .

"Bad dream?" I asked . She node still crying .

I sigh and carry her downstairs. I went to the kitchen and i get a class of water . I let her sit on top on the kitchen island and i looked at her .

"Here take this and tell me what happened in the dream" I gave her the glass of water .

She took a sip of it and calm down . She gave it to me and i put it beside her and i look at her .

"M-me and you and mommy were in the living room . We where having a good time together . But suddenly a man came out of nowhere and he-" She wanted to continue but she cried again .

"It's okay take a deep breath" I said wiping her tears away . She took a deep breath and looked at me .

"H-he shoot mommy and she died . I cried and told him why did he kill her . H-he told me that he didn't but i did cuz she died giving birth to me. H-he told me if I wasn't born mommy would still be alive living happily with you" She cried .

"He is right if I wasn't here mommy would still be here with you happy" She cried harder .
A tear came down my face . I hugged her really tight to my chest .

"Rosie i." I don't know what to say . I sigh and kissed her head . I pulled back look at her straight in the eye .

"Rosie i know that you think you lost your mommy cuz she had you . But what you don't know is she chose to leave us for you . She knew that she might die if she had you but she chose to have you. You know why?" I asked .

"Why?"

"Because it will be more painful for both of us to live knowing that we killed our daughter. You might don't know how it is to feel to kill your child just so you can live . We might live together but we won't be as happy as we were cuz we will live every single day knowing that we killed our kid . But she chose to give up her life for her child . It won't make me live my whole life sad because every time i look at you I remember how she chose you so you can be something that will make her proud and that will make me smile .

Rosie sometimes life gives you two things to choose from but you have to be smart enough to know what's the best for you and the people you love" I said .

"Mommy gave up her life for me?" She asked .

"Yeah" I said with a weak smile .

She hugged me and i hugged back .

"I love you daddy" She said .

"I love you more shortie" I said kissing her forehead .

"Now come on let's put you in your bed" I said carrying her .

"Can i please sleep with you . I'm scared" She said .

"Sure Shortie"

I went upstairs to my room . I get in and i lay down on my bed . I put Rosie beside me and i put the cover on us . She lay on my chest like she always do . She giggled and guess what she said.