She's More Important

ROSS'S POV:  

I run out the airport and get in a taxi and told him to drive me to the hospital. I looked at my watch.

"Can you drive faster" i said

"No way!"

"I'll pay you more" i said and suddenly he drive faster.

After few minutes we arrived to the hospital. I get out and took my bag. I payed the man and walked in. I walked to Rosies hospital room. I get in to see it empty just Rosies bag on the floor. I put my bag beside hers and walked out to the reception.

"Hello sir how can i help you?" The woman asked.

"I wanna know where is Rosie Lynch" i said she nod.

"She's in surgery she got in about a hour ago"

"Thnx" i said and left to the waiting room.

I saw my family sitting. I walked to them.

"Ross!!" Ryland said shocked.

"What are you doing here?" Rydel asked hugging me.

"My daughter is more important to me than my career" i said. We sit waiting.

:::AFTER HOURS:::

The doctor came to us.

"Rosie lynch?" He asked us we nod.

"The surgery finished two hours ago now she's in the ICU. She's gonna stay there for today and tomorrow we'll take her to her room. When she wakes up don't make her feel different like don't be afraid to touch her. Just be gentle with her. And after the surgery she'll have some few headaches but the'll go away after 2 days. She's gonna stay here for a week just to make extra sure that everything is okay. And when she get out of the hospital let her live normal like nothing ever happened to her" he said we nod.

"Can i see her?" I asked.

"Her father?" He asked me.

"Yeah"

"Follow me"

I followed him and he took my to her. He opened the door for me.

"She's still asleep" he said i nod. I get in.

"I'll leave you alone" he said and walked out.

I looked at her and my heart aches. She's plugged to so many machines, she has a band aid wrapped around her head and she looks really pale. It hurts seeing her like this cuz she's always energetic, funny and she talks a lot for her age and sometimes it gets annoying but i love her.

I can't stand looking at her like this so i kissed her cheek and left the room with tears coming down my cheeks. I walked to my family and they all looked at me.

"I wanna go home I can't stand looking at her like this" i said wiping my tears away.

"Okay but who's going to stay with her" Rocky asked.

"I will" Rydel said we nod and walked out.

I get in passenger seat and Riker in the driver seat and the rest sit back.

After few minutes we arrived home. We get out of the car and get in. When we got in we saw mom and dad sitting in the living room. I quickly run to mom and hugged her.

"Honey it's okay" she said rubbing my back.

"What are you guys doing here?" Riker asked.

"When we heard what happened to Rosie we told your Aunt to stay with grandma cuz we need to come. She agreed so here we are" Dad said.

"How is grandma?" Ryland asked.

"She's better" mom said.

"And Vanessa called she wanted to talk to you but i told her you're not here and that you'll call her back when you come" Dad said looking at me. I took my phone out of my pocket and went upstairs to my room. I called her.

"Hey Ross, why did Riker told me that you didn't go to your movie? You should go" she said.

"Well my daughter is more important" i said.

"I know Ross but we got her so you can live without something standing between you and your dreams. You're still young you have a life full of adventure ahead of you" she said.

"Well four years ago i agreed on a different life and i accept it. I know i'm still young and i have a life full of adventure ahead of me all i got to do it share it with my daughter cuz it's gonna make much more happier memories" i said .

"You love her so much don't you?"

"Of course i do she's my daughter" i said.

"How is she?" She asked.

"She's in the ICU but they say she'll be fine"

"She will be she's a strong girl"

"You need anything?" She asked.

"No"

"Bye"

I put my phone in my pocket and sit on my bed. Suddenly there is a knock on the door.

"Come in" i said. The door opened and Ell came in.

"Dinner is ready" i nod and we both went downstairs.

We ate dinner and it was completely silent. If Rosie were here she'd say something like "why are you all quiet?" Or "why are you all dead? talk! You're driving me nuts with the quietness".

We are now in the living room watching a movie but i'm not watching. I'm on my phone looking at the pictures i have of Rosie. I start falling asleep in my place so i sleep.

I jolt awake by moms voice,"Boys go to bed it's getting late" She came to me and removed the blanket that's on me that i guess one of my brothers put on me when they saw me asleep.

Mom pat my back as i lazily walk to the stairs. I went to my room and get ready to bed. I get under the cover. I was about to fall asleep but a knock on my door woke me up.

"Come in" i said. Mom and dad came in.

"How are you feeling?" Mom asked as she and dad stand beside my bed.

I sit up straight and look at them,"a part of me knows that she's fine and the other side can't get the image of her in the hospital out of my mind" i said.

"Don't worry everything will be fine" dad said. I nod. Mom kissed my forehead.

"She's gonna be fine" she said.

"Try getting some sleep" dad said patting my back and left the room. I lay back down and was about to fall asleep but another knock woke me up.

"Come in" i said.

The door opened and my brothers including Ell came in with their covers and pillows. They start putting them on the floor.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked getting down from my bed.

"Dude your pain is our pain" Ryland said.

"And your happiness is our happiness" Rocky said.

"We're keeping you company" Riker said.

"Cuz we're a family, if one member is hurt we all feel the pain and we stick together through ups and downs" Ell said.

"I love you guys" i said group hugging them.

"We love you too Ross" they said.

We pulled away and they get under their covers and i get in bed.

"Good night guys" Rocky said.

"Night" we all said.

"Riker no snoring" Ell said.

"I can't control it" he said.

"Well try" Ell said.

"Can you guys shut up and go to bed" Ryland said.

And after few minutes we fell asleep. I fell a sleep with Rosies stuffed rabbit that looks like her monkey beside me.