2

Mira's p.o.v

I walked along the path in the gardens. It had been a few months since I'd seen Gwaine last with Prince Arthur and his servant Merlin, now I was worried. There had been news that an immortal army had attacked Camelot under King Cenred's name and that the Lady Morgana had turned against the King and was now Queen.

I was worried for Gwaine.

What if he is in Camelot?

What if he was with the Prince when it happened?

I found a stone bench and sat down, my hands were shaking with cold, I hadn't brought any gloves out, I hadn't thought about it.

I couldn't help thinking about Prince Arthur, I'd only met him once but I'd often wondered about him. Seeing him and his servant Merlin had made me want to get out of my hiding place even more but I always stopped myself from thinking about that too much. I wondered if the Prince had escaped from Camelot, if he hadn't he would be killed.

"You should be inside Mira" a voice distracted me from my thoughts. It was one of the people who kept an eye on me.

"I know" I murmured,"But I needed some air".

The woman sat down beside me. "You need to be careful, Osric could be anywhere. Even here". I nodded. "You're worried as well" she observed.

"About Gwaine" I replied quietly.

"I'm sure he's alright".

"Do you think the army will come here? I heard that they're destroying everything in their path" I asked quietly.

"We can only hope that they don't" replied the woman,"Now that Camelot has fallen into their hands everyone is going to try not to be noticed. Don't stay out too long".

With that she left leaving me alone again, I pulled the hood of my cloak up to protect my face from the cold wind.

I had heard that Osric had pledged his allegiance to Morgana, it was a shock but in a way I wasn't really surprised. He hates King Uther. It frightens me that he joined her, she has the resources to find me and that's what he wants.

What if he asks her to find me?

Would they come here?

Even worse, would he go find Gwaine?

Osric knows that he helped me and Gwaine would be easier to find. I ended up pulling my knees up to my chest on the bench and trying to make myself as small as possible, as if that would help in some way. I don't know how long I stayed there but I was still there when it started getting dark. I went over these thoughts over and over again in my mind.

Was Gwaine in danger because of me?

He was the one person I loved most in the world and I was putting him in danger. I soon decided that there was no point in staying outside so I went to the stables to make sure Raven was alright before going inside.

———————————————————————————

I tossed and turned in bed, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about Gwaine, but all I could see when I closed my eyes was Osric. I thought of the small scar I had on my upper right arm from the time when he'd been angry and had cut me with the knife he was holding. I traced t with my finger absentmindedly.

What would he do to Gwaine if he found him?

Osric was cruel and heartless, I should know. I rolled on to my side and stared at the patch of floor that was illuminated by the moon shining through the gap in my curtains. I breathed heavily and closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep.