11

Gwen ran over to Mira who was sitting on the bench watching the Knight prepare for training. "Sorry, I got held up" Gwen apologised,"Did you find your way alright?".

"Its fine, I gave you time off anyway" she smiled,"Well, I actually got lost but Prince Arthur found me and brought me here".

"That was nice" replied Gwen watching Lancelot go over to the Knights.

"It was" agreed Mira. Gwen looked at her Mistress, there was something in the way she was saying it...

"Do the Knights always fight for training?" asked Mira watching Percival and Gwaine getting ready for theirs.

"Well, they fight or work on skills, joust, use swords and maces. It really depends on what Arthur thinks they should improve on" she explained.

"The Prince cares for his Knights' training" stated Mira quietly not wanting to disturb the two men in front of them.

"Yes, he wants them to be able to protect themselves and the People as much as possible".

"He loves Camelot and the People very much" Mira whispered.

"He'd give his life for the Kingdom" Gwen answered nodding.

Gwaine and Percival began to circle each other and Gwaine flashed a smile at Mira before making the first move, but Percival was ready. He stopped the blow with his sword and pushed Gwaine away before swiping at him. Gwaine ducked just as the sword whizzed over his head. Mira's hand flew on to Gwen's with fright. "Does anyone get hurt in training?" she asked, already knowing the answer but asking anyway.

"Sometimes but Gwaine will be fine".

Eventually Gwaine managed to trip up Percival and pointed his sword at the man's chest. He grinned proudly at Mira and winked at her. But Percival kicked him in the stomach and Gwaine keeled over while Percival tripped him up and pointed his sword at him. Mira had her hands over her mouth in shock and the Knights, Arthur and Merlin were all laughing on the other side. She felt the corners of her mouth twitch and she laughed as did Gwen. "I shouldn't be laughing" Mira giggled clutching her side. Percival was offering his hand to Gwaine and the fallen Knight took it and was pulled on to his feet. Mira got up and walked over to him and he made a show of brushing off his chainmail. "Gwaine? Are you hurt?" she asked gently touching his arm.

"I'm fine" he laughed slightly,"I'll get him next time though".

"You will" she assured him with a small laugh to match his. He smiled and went over to the others while Mira walked back over to Gwen.

Next was Elyan and Lancelot, with which Gwen was looking extremely confused and was looking from one to the other, biting her lip all the time. Mira nudged her and smiled when Lancelot won. "They're both fine" she whispered.

Then it was Arthur and Leon. Mira had heard that Arthur was the greatest warrior in Camelot. Was it her or did Arthur look at her as he passed? She remembered earlier when they'd been talking and he'd smiled at her. They got ready and started to fight. The sound of swords clashing rang all around. They swung at each other and Leon swiped at Arthur. The sword swiped at his neck but he leaned back quickly and it missed him. By an inch. Mira jumped when that happened and gripped her hands so tightly that her knuckles went white. He was definitely good! Leon put up a good fight but by the end his sword was on the ground and he had his hands up in defeat as Arthur pointed his sword at him. Everyone clapped as they had for the others and the two men shook hands.

"Well done Sire" congratulated Leon.

"Thank you Leon" replied the Prince. He saw Mira out of the corner of his eye clapping. Leon started to walk back to the others and Arthur went over to Merlin who held out a glass of water for him. "Thanks" he said breathlessly, gulping down the cool liquid. He watched the Knights swinging their swords around and chatting, he couldn't help glancing at Mira again. Gwen was looking at something as they stood up from their bench, he caught Mira's eye and he smiled at her without thinking. She smiled brightly back and she felt her heart speed up a bit. Arthur was proud that he won in front of Mira, why? He couldn't work that out exactly but he'd had an urge to impress her for some reason. He held her gaze until Gwen asked her something and she turned away. He saw Merlin beside him filling up the glass again. "Right, what are you laughing at?" Arthur demanded.

"Nothing" Merlin shook his head.

"Merlin!" he growled.

"Well, did I not say that you'd try to win that fight? And you did".

"So? I win lots of fights" the Prince mumbled.

"And you were looking at Mira just now and earlier you came to the grounds with her" Merlin laughed.

Arthur, who had just taken a sip of his drink, coughed after nearly choking on water. "She got lost in the castle and I brought her here, and I don't have to explain myself to you!".

Merlin ran away before Arthur could hit him. The Prince did wonder though. He'd only known Mira a short time, he hardly knew anything about her! But he knew that Merlin was implying that he liked her, and he was asking himself the same question.

———————————————————————————

Mira walked around her room, Gwen had gone to wash some clothes. She was thinking about Arthur, she'd been scared for him when he was training with Leon, more than she'd been for the Knights, other than Gwaine. He'd been so nice when she talked to him, and he'd talked to her more than before. Why was she acting like this? He was a Prince! He had been very handsome earlier, his eyes sparkled when he laughed and when he'd held her hand after kissing it she hadn't wanted him to let go. Although when he'd looked at her after he'd won his fight, his eyes had held hers and she'd been reluctant to look away. Suddenly she bashed her toe off of the table, and even though she had shoes on a searing pain ran through her foot. "Ahhh!" Mira let out a cry. She bit her lip as tears welled up in her eyes, for some reason banging her toe was much more sore than things. There was a knock on her door.

"My Lady? Is everything alright?" came a voice. She bent and clutched her foot.

"Y-yes!" she called.

"May we come in?".

Oh no, she thought, its embarrassing enough bashing your toe without having to explain that you were thinking about Prince Arthur and weren't paying attention. She stood up and called for the people to enter. It was Leon, Percival and Lancelot. "My Lady are you alright? We heard a bang and a cry" explained Lancelot.

I must have banged it hard for them to hear it, she thought. "Yes, its quite silly really, I wasn't looking where I was going and I banged my toe" Mira tried to laugh.

"Oh, well do you need Gaius?" Leon asked.

"No I'll be fine. Thank you for checking" she replied with a smile. They nodded and asked her was she alright again before leaving.

Mira sighed. Why was she acting like this!?