17

Mira's p.o.v

I threw on a lilac dress with short sleeves, the sleeves were veil like, kind of see-through with swirling patterns on them. It was fitted at the top and flowed from my hips down. I grabbed my silver cloak and threw it around my shoulders. As soon as I opened the door I saw a smiling Gwen with her own cloak wrapped around her. We were going for a walk down to the market.

"You're happy today" she remarked as I linked my arm with hers.

"I suppose I am" I grinned.

"Oh, is there something I should know?"

"No, you know I'd tell you if there was"

"So it has nothing to do with young Knights?" Gwen teased.

"Young Knights? I think I'd be a lot happier if a handsome, tall young man with the title of a Knight decided he wished to court me!" I laughed.

"So you're completely oblivious to all the men wondering who this new Lady of the Court is?" She giggled.

"If young men were wondering who I was, I'd blush all day! Wait have there been any?"

"Between you and me, I saw a man talking to Gwaine the other day and I got close enough to find out that the were talking about you. All I heard was Gwaine laughing but at the same time warning him off".

"Ahhh! No! Why did he do that?!". Gwen just laughed. "Anyway" I went on,"I'm happy because I feel like I got something off my chest"

"I'm glad" she replied, squeezing my arm. I smiled and we kept walking.

——————————————————————————

"Gwen, this would suit you!" I called over to her. She came and looked at the lavender silk I was holding.

"Oh, it's beautiful!" She murmured wistfully.

"You should get it" I replied.

"I couldn't"

"Treat yourself" I nudged her encouragingly. She bit her lip and gave in, handing the man the money.

Suddenly the tavern door burst open behind us and we turned to see Gwain running out. But when he saw us, he smiled in his charming way and sauntered over. "And how are we today?" He asked flirtatiously.

"Fine" we replied at the same time.

"That's good, I hope you're not getting into too much trouble" he joked, glancing back at the tavern.

"Eh, Gwaine, are you okay?" I questioned.

There was shouting from the tavern and four big, red-faced, angry men walked out and saw Gwaine.

"Sorry, Gwen. Gotta run!". With that he grabbed my hand and sprinted off.

"Gwaine!!!" I yelled trying to keep up with him as we dodged stalls and swirved to avoid people. Suddenly a man fell to the ground, his basket of apples going everywhere. I managed to get my hand out of Gwaine's. "I'm really sorry!" I apologised. He just scowled at me.

"Mira! Don't have time!" Gwaine grabbed my hand again and dragged me off. Finally we dived behind a bread stall.

"Gwaine, what did you do?!" I demanded.

"Shhh! They'll hear you!" he whisper-yelled at me. I gave him the look I always gave him when I was going to hit him. Never hard though... "Oh alright! I may have made those men angry by promising to by them a drink if they won the card game we were playing, and then well, not buying them one. I let them buy me one and said I'd pay them back but I didn't. I might have embarrassed one of them as well"