5

Mira sat beside Gwaine at the campfire, her arms folded in front of her to give extra warmth. The Knights chattered around her happily and she occasionally saw them glance at her. "That's a beautiful sword" said Lancelot,"May I?".

Mira, after realising that he was talking to her, nodded and he picked it up to look at it more closely. "Its well made" he stated,"It says Aemond on the hilt and Adelaide".

"Yes, it was my Father's, my Mother had it made for him, they're the names" she explained. The others were surprised at her speaking because she'd barely uttered a word all night.

"Is your father still alive?" he asked kindly.

"No, he died when I was eleven in a hunting accident" she said quietly. "I'm sorry. What about your mother?".

"She died two years after I was born" Mira smiled sadly.

"Forgive me, I didn't realise" Lancelot apologised.

"Its fine".

"Did you have anyone to take care of you after your father's death?".

Mira hesitated, thinking about Osric. "Eh...No one worth talking about other than Gwaine" she tried her best to smile. Most of the other Knights, Arthur and Merlin were in awe of Lancelot actually having a conversation with her. Gwaine put his hand on Mira's shoulder comfortingly.

"Your mother chose the craftsman well" he smiled handing the sword back to her. Mira nodded with another smile. He's nice, she thought. The Knights got back to their talking and she looked at her sword before putting it down again.

Suddenly there was a noise out in forest, the Knights didn't pay much attention but Mira jumped and looked in the direction of the noise. The Knights slowly looked at her frightened expression and how she tensed at the noise. "Mira" Gwaine murmured touching her arm lightly,"No one's out there". She nodded. Then the Knights and the others got the feeling that Gwaine and Mira weren't telling them something. Arthur and Merlin remembered when they'd met her first and she'd stared out the window and had got a fright when Gwaine had called her name, they wondered why Gwaine had put her in a convent.

The same thought went through everyone's minds: Why did Mira seem so scared?

———————————————————————————

"Have you ever been to Camelot Mira?" asked Leon pulling his horse up beside her.

"No" she replied shyly.

"Oh, I think you'll like it" he stated.

"Really?".

"Its beautiful, the castle is huge and the views from it of the city are wonderful" Leon told her.

"It sounds lovely" Mira smiled, listening to his words,"Have you lived in Camelot long?".

"Nearly all my life" he replied,"I became a Knight a few years ago".

She nodded. "Do you like being a Knight?".

"Well apart from the battles and all the near fatal injuries, yes I do like it" he grinned.

That made her laugh, it was the first time that any of them except for Gwaine had heard her laugh properly. "Do you have a lot of those?".

"Yeah, I nearly die all the time" Leon laughed as well. Arthur listened to them talking from the front, he hadn't talked to her that much, but he felt like he couldn't take his eyes off her. But it was strange, no one had ever affected him like that before. "But Gaius always manages to save me" continued Leon.

"Gaius?" she asked.

"The Court Physician" called Merlin from behind her.

"I think I've heard of him before" she stated.