32

Mira looked out of her window, the clouds were grey but she desperately wanted to clear her head. She told Gwen that she was going for a ride and took her green cloak out of the wardrobe. She was wearing her turquoise dress with the sweet-heart neck line, and the short, veil like sleeves.

Gwen frowned at the clouds,"Are you sure? It looks like it could rain"

"I'll be fine" Mira insisted,"If I see one drop I promise I'll come straight back" Gwen nodded reluctantly and let Mira escape to the stables.

———————————————————————————

Raven whined impatiently while she was being tacked, it had a few weeks since Mira had gone for a ride and she felt bad; up until the moment they got out the gates and Raven bolted like her life depended on it. Mira, luckily being a skillful horsewoman, managed to stay on. The wind swept through her hair and the cold air cut through her like a knife, but she just laughed.

Two days previously Arthur had told her that they needed to talk, so far they hadn't got the chance. It was breaking her inside when she saw him, but she wanted to be near him at the same time. She was so confused that being out in the fresh air was a relief, right now she needed to think and gather her thoughts. She stopped Raven just on the inside of the woods, dismounted, and tied her reins securely to a tree.

"I need a walk" she thought. Mira sighed and looked up at the clouds through the gaps in the trees' leaves. They were definitely more grey now, but she decided to risk it.

Mira walked along, the snow had melted and was replaced by leaves on the ground. She kept going over everything in her head and walked for about an hour in no particular direction before collapsing against a tree. She closed her eyes and listened to the sounds of the woods, letting soft, silent tears fall down her cheeks.

It took her a minute to realise that the drop of water that fell on her shoulder was rain and not a tear. She opened her eyes and realised it had actually started to rain. "Great" Mira muttered as she stood and pulled up her hood. She ran back in the direction she'd come, grateful that she'd come to the woods so often so she was aware of where Camelot was. The temperature had dropped several degrees and her bare arms were freezing as she ran. The rain was now lashing and it pounded on the ground, she was soaked after a few minutes, her hood fell down but she didn't stop to pull it up. She saw a figure running towards her and she slowed down to a stop when she saw who it was.

"Arthur?!" Mira called when he stopped in front of her, he looked like he'd rushed out of Camelot, the ties on his saturated white shirt were open, his hair was wet and his belt was around his waist with a sword strapped on hastily. "What are you doing here?" she asked loudly to be heard over the rain.

"I came after you! What are you doing?!" the Prince yelled to be heard.

"I came out for a ride!".

"Why?! Its been on the verge of raining all day!".

"I needed to think!" Mira answered, then her voice went soft,"Why did you come after me?".

"I needed to see you".

"Why?".

"I needed to talk to you! I made a mess of it the other day!" Arthur replied.

"Arthur we need to stop this!" Mira cried. The rain roared and became even more heavy.

"Stop what?!".

"This! We need to go back to the way things were! Forget what happened that day!" she exclaimed, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"And what if I don't want to forget?" he challenged, his voice determined.

"I don't want to either" she said without thinking, but quickly realised,"We've got to forget!".